Exhaust Protection

SunGodRA

I'm loving my new K1 exhaust - but what with the salt on the roads and wet weather it discolours very quickly, and needs polishing at least once a week. So, my question is - is there anything I can put on it after its been polished (Autosol) to prevent the orange 'rusty' discolouration?

cheers, David

I'm loving my new K1 exhaust - but what with the salt on the roads and wet weather it discolours very quickly, and needs polishing at least once a week. So, my question is - is there anything I can put on it after its been polished (Autosol) to prevent the orange 'rusty' discolouration?

cheers, David

is it not stainless?

cheers, David

is it not stainless?

Its supposed to be!! :dry:

When I say rust - its only surface and can be wiped off with my finger etc (maybe Mark or Dan can describe better as they saw it Saturday)

The welds arnt stainless so this is where the "rust" is coming from. Also dependent on the grade of stainess used then there can be issues.

It does seem to tarnish lots compared to others, but propper cleaning should help.

To clean you could try gunk or any of the other engine bay cleaners, but dont do it on a hot exhaust!! Also carb or brake cleaner will bring it back up again.

Just looking to see if I can find anything to wax or coat it! Wheel wax may work as its formulated for wheels that do get warmer than the body panels!