Firstly hello, then a bit of advice please?

BTD

Hello to everyone first off as I am a new joiner to 350Z-uk! Second some advice is sought after reading some of the forum topics!

I am getting a second hand 350Z GT on thursday, it's a '53' plate and I have noticed some posts pointing to a problem with the front tyres :scare: . As I have put the deposit down and have final payment thursday I feel a little uneasy and hope it doesn't extend to all '03 Z's? The car is UK. The dealer did phone me up today to ask if I wanted to buy an extended warranty 1(£299),2(£399) or 3yrs(£499). Do you think this is worth it/a good idea?

I don't have much faith in the saleman as I asked him which cradle was in the car (nokia) he said it would be difficult to find out which of the two it was and might not get an answer for me (surely there is a way to check??) Also other gaffs on his behalf have given me a the impression he doesn't know the answers and is even less willing to be bothered to find them out! This is a Nissan Dealership!!!! Luckily the questions I have asked I have managed to sound like I know what I'm talking about due to reading these forums, perhaps I should get him to read them too!!

Anything else you can advise me on to ask him/standard problems would be great aswell!!!

Thanks for your time in reading this post!!! :teeth:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:welcome:

re your tyre question ,if it still has original tyres, they are probably going to give probs, if they are replacements you should be Ok :thumbs:

Extended warranties are not my strong point ( I wouldnt bother) how many miles has your car covered?

concerning the tyres

In order for you to get past first base, warranty-wise, you need to check that the Bridgestone tyre code contains KZ (older tread pattern) rather than XZ (newer); then once you can show sufficient variation in wear (as you can seemingly), you have a strong hand for replacement.

As for the cradle. You'll ditch the old one as it only supports old phones and be buying a bluetooth one. Far better. £99 exclusively through the forum.

Guest prescience

Assuming the tyres of bridgestones (if not you're OK) look for the code on the front tyre which is of the form *z

if the * is a K, it is the style prone to feathering; if its an X, its the newer pattern

REPOST of Mike's :thumbs:

Guest prescience

LOL I have a picture of the different tread pattern somewhere, and have been looking for a while, but can't track it down

Thank you, I will check when I go on thursday taking this nugget of information with me. ~Although will probably try and talk to another salesperson instead of the guy I'm dealing with!! The car has done 24000 miles so knowing my luck might still have the old tyres on!!!!!?????

Takes 10 seconds to fit and you do it yourself.

You can get them Holdcroft at the moment as they still have some in stock. NissanGB are out of stock at the mo. You will need to contact a admin/mod to ge the discount code. Check the forum discount section for info on Holdcroft.

:welcome: BTD

so many newbies today :teeth::thumbs:

I'd go for the extended warranty mate.... Not many zeds out there covered say more than 50,000miles - who knows what other problems may lie ahead!!!!

Let us know what the warranty actually covers against, be nice to know :)

As for the cradle all's he has to do is unclip the bugger and a list of all compatible phones should be on the back ;)

Great news!! Cheers Liam and M13KYF!!:D The warranty he was trying to get me to take out covered:

AC

Seats (electrics)

All dasboard electrics

ECU

ABS

Electric door mirrors

BOSE stereo... etc

and all labour cost which he quoted would otherwise cost £75 per hour.

Have 3 month Nissan original warranty left,

and have dealership warranty for 6 months anyway from pick up.

Great news!! Cheers Liam and M13KYF!!:D The warranty he was trying to get me to take out covered:

AC

Seats (electrics)

All dasboard electrics

ECU

ABS

Electric door mirrors

BOSE stereo... etc

and all labour cost which he quoted would otherwise cost £75 per hour.

Have 3 month Nissan original warranty left,

and have dealership warranty for 6 months anyway from pick up.

What about clutch ,gearbox ,engine?? :scare:

Put it this way don't think there's many people on here who haven't had a warranty claim... Personally I'd take it although others might disagree!!!! Two of the most common faults I'd say are the skipping cd player and rear clicking axle... Check these out mate before you walk away ;)

Cheers for that. :D I've seen some posts on that subject earlier today when browsing. I think I'll ask if it's possible to take out the extended warranty after the garages 6 months?? Thats if theirs covers the stereo etc. If not might go for 12 months as otherwise might ruin the experience of owning if problems pop up after a short time! :scare:

Cheers for that. :D I've seen some posts on that subject earlier today when browsing. I think I'll ask if it's possible to take out the extended warranty after the garages 6 months?? Thats if theirs covers the stereo etc. If not might go for 12 months as otherwise might ruin the experience of owning if problems pop up after a short time! :scare:

Extended warranty should start once existing warranty runs out!!! Don't let the stealer have you off :) Take the warranty out for as long as you're planning on keeping the car ;)

Sweet. Made my mind up. Will see him thursday and get the warranty details out and discuss all things covered, then, if as metioned above will take it out for the time I'm looking at keeping the Z. :)

It's reassuring to talk to people who know whats needed as the dealership doesn't seem too bothered! Thanks again to everyone for their help! :teeth: