* Plenum spacer bits *

GT4 Zed

i have just acquired a non standard plenum spacer(10mm or 0.4inches thick) but need bolts and spacers to fit it fully.

The plenum is currently fitted it ok with M6 bolts got from Halfords but i need the M10 strut brace bolts(at least 30mm) with custom spacers(10mm high) to be able to put by strut back on. Also need the 6 smaller spacers for the middle plenum bolts. so please anyone kindly direct me.

option one: Could i get these from motodyne. i know you can get gaskets!

option two: could anyone advice me were i can buy these or get them made as i know someone had a similar issue a while back.

Note: the M10 bolts from the hardware stores i'e been eg halfords, homebase etc are of a bigger pitch compared to the nissan one :angry: Not checked B&Q yet ;)

10mm strut spacers may cause interference between the strut bar and bonnet better going for something a bit thinner bennet.

Which is the highest point? the strut brace body or the bolts? i think the bolts :p if the bonnet is closing fine right know then it should be ok which the strut spacers. Infact i can fit the strut but it is in contact with the plenum and when i test drove it, there is a lot of vibration coming from it otherwise it held up to some aggressive a road hoon ;)

In anycase i will take anything that will do the job +8mm.

Ah :doh: just remembered yours was similar! where did you get/make the bits ?

Get to a CNC shop to have the spacers made up, and go to a proper fixings store as they do all the pitches etc.

What strut you running? If its stock you will prob have issues with the bonnet. If its something like a cusco or summit you may be ok.

OEM struts mate ;)

What shop do you recommend? Is it a nationwide chain?

10mm strut spacers may cause interference between the strut bar and bonnet better going for something a bit thinner bennet.

Which is the highest point? the strut brace body or the bolts? i think the bolts :p if the bonnet is closing fine right know then it should be ok which the strut spacers. Infact i can fit the strut but it is in contact with the plenum and when i test drove it, there is a lot of vibration coming from it otherwise it held up to some aggressive a road hoon ;)

The strut is the highest point as it goes above the plenum! the strut bolts sit lower!

If your bonnet has closed fine with the strut on it then if you lift the strut by 10mm with the spacers then it will touch! Aslo it dosnt touch the centre it touchs the bends in the strut (its its an OEM one anyway!)

As its an OEM strut then its fairly fat, with a cusco or summit you may be ok as they are thinner!

And any proper "tools and fixing" stores should be able to help, The type found on industrial estates that contractors go to!

mine is a bit of a squeeze but i think i used something like 7 or 8mm

..............................As its an OEM strut then its fairly fat, with a cusco or summit you may be ok as they are thinner! Toying with idea of getting one, but i like the oem one. might be able to clear it with spacers 7mm to 8mm spacers as husky suggests

............And any proper "tools and fixing" stores should be able to help, The type found on industrial estates that contractors go to!

:lol::lol::lol: i know just hoping the was a popular place i could just go to and gett sorted