New Stillen gen 3 Intake Kit

rob63

Has anyone any information on the new Stillen Gen 3 kit? The claims seem pretty wild but even if only half as good as claimed it seems pretty good. It's either this or the NISMO offering for me...

Any comments on the above would be welcome.

Envy posted up. Have a look in their traders section

As per usual dont belive all you read/ And any gains your gonna get from it will be via an uprev tune!

I know it's late, I'm tired...but I can't find any info on this on the Envy traders section. Other than the Stillen site there seems little to go by, and they would be biased wouldn't they?

There is so much on this subject with regards to choice, what's best etc, I think it'll be the Nismo kit, any problems with this choice? Unless somone can convince me otherwise I'll order this!

Nismo puts the filters as a short ram, no heat sheilds so your gonna get a load of hot air around them when your stopped.. not good!, the Stillen puts them up front for the nice cold air in front of the rad. If I was looking I would have a good look at these.

Am sure they put some info somewhere!

As Mark says the massive difference to the Nismo intakes is Stillen relocate the filters (K&N) to the outside of the engine bay, inside the bumper. So they suck much colder air. The intakes were originally designed for the 370z and modded to fit the HR engine 350z's. I would go hands down Stillen over Nismo, but you'll need a remap to see the real gains. The other thing that sets them apart, is part of their R&D was tube lenth compared to MAF placement, they beleive they found a few extra ponies by the airflow being smoother over the MAF compared to ones like the Nismo where the MAF is directly behind the filter. Build quality is very good, so jump on the GB and save a few quid over importing one yourself :thumbs:

I like the look of the filter placement on these.

Does anyone make anything similar for the early Zed's, where the filter is placed there instead of lower down in the grille?

This looks like the best option for the car, as you arent getting heatsoak from the engine and you also dont have to worry about Hydrolock.

Any ideas for early Zeds?

Thanks for all the info with regards to my original queastion, some really good gen there, I think it has to be the Stillen. Tried calling Envy today to place my order but no joy...It'll wait until Monday, anyone any idea on the approx price?

I like the look of the filter placement on these.

Does anyone make anything similar for the early Zed's, where the filter is placed there instead of lower down in the grille?

This looks like the best option for the car, as you arent getting heatsoak from the engine and you also dont have to worry about Hydrolock.

Any ideas for early Zeds?

Yep Glen, the Injen one is placed upfront and it has had some great reviews and gains.

• 1 month later...