Cayman

polarbear

I've not test driven a Cayman, but a 911 C2S didn't impress me. Yes it was quicker than a Zed but £70k... :thumbdown:

The Cayman has the potential in S trim to be quicker than an 911, i.e. engine in the right place, but they deliberately slowed it down by such things as not fitting a LSD. I agree with Clarkson, I couldn't buy a car which had design restrictions built in like that... :thumbdown:

The question is when will the buble burst for Porsche. They can't keep on building a dinosaur for much longer surely. Think of the Porsche 911 in 20 years time and guess what it's become a Morgan....:lol: Meanwhile we'll all be driving V8 / V12 600bhp sports cars and the 911 will be driven by pipe smoking bearded gentlemen...:lol:

+1

I test drove Cayman S when i had the GT4, it didn't impress much but you hardly get into it on a test, (however you could instantly tell the diff in build quality though). When i got back in the Z i then looked around and saw the equipment that i got as standard Climate, cruise, heated seats!

Then as some of you know i had to sell the GT4, plus other stuff.

Its replacement was not going to be a Nissan SORRY GUYS but the 6.5k loss in under a year pi**ed me off. I got the cayman s and after an hour or so of driving WOH, it comes into its own. Corners on par with my old EVO 6. of mark its similer to GT4 but as it comes to 100 it is infront.

Any how I love it. I'll guess it'll loose less than the z (initially)

Don't know which way to turn next (A6 avant TDI) under 10k, and a caterham replica with 2 x 1300cc hayabusa engines or just go all in for a GT3 :teeth:

If only they'd do a blown Cayman!