Handling - where's the best bang for the buck?

scotZ

I've got the infamous Z creaking rear end, greasing the endlinks has eased the embarrassment slightly :blush: but I figure a set of Powergrid endlinks should sort it permanently.

Question for you all is, what else is worth doing at the same time? What gives the biggest boost to the handling of the Z?

I've got the infamous Z creaking rear end, greasing the endlinks has eased the embarrassment slightly :blush: but I figure a set of Powergrid endlinks should sort it permanently.

Question for you all is, what else is worth doing at the same time? What gives the biggest boost to the handling of the Z?

Uprated Antiroll bars are a great way if you doing the endlinks and then get a set of coilovers if you want to go all the way :)

Uprated Antiroll bars are a great way if you doing the endlinks and then get a set of coilovers if you want to go all the way :)

All the way to the end of the budget :-D

Does anything need to be done with the coilovers? Is it only of you drop it by extreme amounts that you need to watch things like camber? [suspension newbie]

All the way to the end of the budget :-D

Does anything need to be done with the coilovers? Is it only of you drop it by extreme amounts that you need to watch things like camber? [suspension newbie]

Nope, you should be ok if you keep the ride height the same, I droped mine about 2 inchs when I got it and it really through the camber out, went with some cusco camber and toe arms and bought it back in but its now gone back up about 1/2 an inch to save scraping! Worth budgeting for some type of camber arm adjustment.

Amazing difference with droplinks, biger ARB's and coilovers :thumbs:

Hi mate,

Your proposed upgrades will depend on what you are predominantly going to use the car for, what you want out of the handling kit and how deep your pockets are.

You could simply go for a set of springs to lower the car or there is a wide choice of coilovers available on the market.

A decent pair of anti-roll bars will certainly improve the handling characteristics.

The Powergrid adjustable endlinks will bring the angle of the knuckles back into line if lowered and solve permanently all the noises relating to the OEM links.

Brakes are another of the first upgrades along with the suspension to be considered.

I can help you with the supply of most of the stuff required to complete your upgrade.

I also have a Nismo S Tune suspension kit which is coming off a car this week and if this is of interest to you then just give me a shout.

Cheers,

Alex.

Just fast road work, no track days!

I had an Elise before the Z, meaning I've been spoilt in terms of how cars handle :-) Still love my Z after 5 years though, but I'd just like it to handle the twisty stuff with a bit more aplomb!

Brakes are already a bit up on OEM with EBC grooved and dimpled discs and RedStuff pads. I've got the Brembros so stopping is already pretty decent.

The endlinks are a must, like I said, it's embarrassing at the moment! The S-tune sounds interesting, guess it depends what it's done and what you're looking for...