3 quarts enough for gearbox oil change?

andlid

:angry: fecking tried to calculate how much oil I needed for gearbox change and thought 3 bottles would be enough, not thinking that US dudes use the 'quarts' system! :scare: Now I calcualte that I got 2.835 or somewhere near there and I'd need 2.9 really ... can I go ahead anyway and top up later or will it be enough with 3 quarts?

:dry:

:angry: fecking tried to calculate how much oil I needed for gearbox change and thought 3 bottles would be enough, not thinking that US dudes use the 'quarts' system! :scare: Now I calcualte that I got 2.835 or somewhere near there and I'd need 2.9 really ... can I go ahead anyway and top up later or will it be enough with 3 quarts?

3 US qt = 3 x 0.94631 = 2.83893 lt.

Which is close enough but top up to the required level asap if required.

Make sure that the oil is SAE 75W-85 -API GL4+

Alex.

Alex.

Cheers Alex, already got the fecking wrong oil once (GL5) so got 3 tubs of that sitting there... think I'll just order another bottle from Opie and be done with it... :thumbs:

Alex.

Cheers Alex, already got the fecking wrong oil once (GL5) so got 3 tubs of that sitting there... think I'll just order another bottle from Opie and be done with it... :thumbs:

Is Opie not Motul 75W - 90 ?????

Alex.

Is Opie not Motul 75W - 90 ?????

Got redline from them not motul

was just called a 'f0rum head' by a trader (not internet trader) :scare::lol:

They don't stock ANY washers for the nissan 350z... in IRELAND :scare::dry:

'You're not one of them f0rum heads' ? He thought I knew to much information... :lol: and gave out stink too... :lol: only in EIRE... I'm off to do this change now.