Genuine Nissan 350z Tonneau Cover

narcotix

Has anyone thought of trying or has the escond boot section covered? The section between the rear strut brace and the speaker part behind the drivers seat. This is wasted space in my opinion has everything is visible, so must be removed :thumbdown:

I agree it is kind of a pointless space ... I've been using it for things like anti-freeze and ice scraper etc ...

:thumbs:

I agree it is kind of a pointless space ... I've been using it for things like anti-freeze and ice scraper etc ...

That's because the rear strut brace was an after thought that came through necessity I believe. The boot was never supposed to be split in two but it became apparent during pre-manufacture testing that a rear strut would be required.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong…………….. :thumbs:

I would have thought someone would have come up with something to hide this space, making it useable :thumbs: Surely it cant be that difficult, to some on here. People can fit superchargers etc but we cant/dont have answer to hiding this small space :blush:

Covering your back window with newspaper and/or binbags would do the trick........... cheap too :thumbs:

I would have thought someone would have come up with something to hide this space, making it useable :thumbs: Surely it cant be that difficult, to some on here. People can fit superchargers etc but we cant/dont have answer to hiding this small space :blush:

Covering your back window with newspaper and/or binbags would do the trick........... cheap too :thumbs:

Post up pics, when you do yours mate :thumbs:

Dont forget the side windows also, has the boot is visible from there also :thumbs::thumbs:

On second thoughts the sight of bin bag and newspaper clad windows may ignite the crims curiosity and lure them in......... something more subtle is called for I think :dry:

That's because the rear strut brace was an after thought that came through necessity I believe. The boot was never supposed to be split in two but it became apparent during pre-manufacture testing that a rear strut would be required.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong…………….. :thumbs:

no problem....

the strut brace was present in the concept car released in 2001 at the detroit show

(see link http://www.allsportauto.com/english/nissan_z_concept_car.php)

At this stage of the project engineering have little or no input into the chassis dynamics and no opportunity to test what was proposed. The concept was designed and created by Nissan North America and providing they function like Nissan Design Europe the styling studio is responsible for the design and creation of concept vehicle's, usually using outsourced suppliers to make it a reality. So the strutbrace was part of the styling theme and its no supprise when they came to put a strut brace under the plastic mouldings they had to allow some extra thickness to pakcage it. Whats left is a pretty rubbish boot but it does for most day to day items

;) No worries - to be honest by the time you take into account postage etc, it was getting close to the Nissan retail price anyway - so I'm not that bothered :)

Exactly my thoughts, i'll try and make myself one when the weather picks up.... can't be that hard :dry: