No Falken 452's in stock - 912's any good?

andyvvc

Morning all,

FK452s aren't going offline in the short term. Yes, the 912 is a new pattern (asymmetrical rather than the directional 452). Asymmetrical tyres do bring a lot of advantages over dirctional tread patterns (quieter, better road holding, improved cornering grip) without losing the strengths a directional tyre brings - water dispersal, straight line traction.

The best place to find Falkens are through a wholesaler called Micheldever and their retail outlet Pro-tyre. The are the sole authorised importer of the Falken brand through Dunlop. Falken has one of the widest product ranges in the market, especially for a non-premium manufacturer, they sell pretty much every size from the good old mini 145R10 through to gangster SUV 22", unfortunately for us Zed owners, we are a very small percentage of their market with the niche tyre sizes that are fitted to our cars so when they're ordering containers of stock from Japan, our needs will only be a very small part of their demand.

I will happily make some inquires as to when stock is next coming into the UK - what area are you in?

I ordered some rear Falken 452s on Wednesday night - Friday they were delivered. Always had good service from Camskill.

Micheldever are HUGE, thier warehouse is just up the road and once picked up tyres up direct. Its bigger that most supermarkets! That said thier prices are generally MUCH more than camskill etc from what I have found (via both pro-tyre and micheldever)

Morning all,

FK452s aren't going offline in the short term. Yes, the 912 is a new pattern (asymmetrical rather than the directional 452). Asymmetrical tyres do bring a lot of advantages over dirctional tread patterns (quieter, better road holding, improved cornering grip) without losing the strengths a directional tyre brings - water dispersal, straight line traction.

The best place to find Falkens are through a wholesaler called Micheldever and their retail outlet Pro-tyre. The are the sole authorised importer of the Falken brand through Dunlop. Falken has one of the widest product ranges in the market, especially for a non-premium manufacturer, they sell pretty much every size from the good old mini 145R10 through to gangster SUV 22", unfortunately for us Zed owners, we are a very small percentage of their market with the niche tyre sizes that are fitted to our cars so when they're ordering containers of stock from Japan, our needs will only be a very small part of their demand.

I will happily make some inquires as to when stock is next coming into the UK - what area are you in?

Hi fella - very kind offer! Im based in Derbyshire. Work in Notts, so either is good for me regards fitting. I used Notts Alignment Centre near the County Ground...they also said they deal with Micheldever. Its the fronts i now need (just had rears fitted).

So im after 2x 225/45/R18s in the 452 varient. Im told the next container delivery from Japan isnt until late March ? No one i have called has them in stock. I will try Camskill and BlackCircles tomorrow, as a few on here have been lucky enough to get them.

As for the 912s...i have yet to hear a good review in a Zed application, so i will reserve judgment. They dont *look* as good as the 452's or the RE050s etc in terms of tread pattern. More standard car than fast car imo.

I used 452's previously and didnt realise how bad they were until i swapped them.

I now have Vreidesteins front, Goodyear Eagle rear (couldnt afford the £220 each for rear vreidesteins!) and the difference in grip and feel is amazing. The falkens have such a soft sidewall its mad, and a very 'WIDE' sidewall too, i was getting slight rubbing with them, but now none with the goodyears.

Personally i would thank fate for saving you from these tyres, and get some good ones instead! :thumbs:

lol - i now officially give in with regards to tyre choices and preferences ! Im going to get some NanKang ditchfinders fitted instead :teeth:

I have the 452s on the rear as of yesterday. Not scrubbed them in yet but i dont expect sidewall flex will be any worse than the Proxes were that i used to run. 37psi ought to lessen that. My fronts are almost shot, so will be going for 452s on there too *if* i can locate some. Did you really feel that the 452s were that bad Adrian? Sidewall flex caught me out with the Toyo's too, so i increased tyre pressure a little and that more-or-less sorted it. I didnt find them any better or worse for grip than my old Bridgestone RE040s really...but then again i dont push my car that hard thru corners (accepting that the weakest part of my car ....is me) :blush:

Honestly Andy - Yes. Get the Vreidesteins\Goodyears for the front and you will see what i mean... The sidewalls are very soft and very thinck, i'm not even sure how that combo is possible. I feel like my cars handling has been transformed with the change of tyres.

The only thing i can say is at the cheap end of the market Falken 452 are good compared to nankang/wan li and all that rubbish, but compared to proper UHP tyres they are not good.

I got the 275/35/19 Goodyear rears for £130 each, almost the same as the falkens and its like night/day honestly.

Sorry :-(

Cheers - I have tried Camskill and BlackCircles - both are out of stock for 225/45/R18 fronts that i need. MyTyres claim to have stock (although they dont seem to state anywhere if they are out of stock) - but they want nearly 240 quid delivered for the fronts...i paid less to get the bigger rears supplied and fitted lol

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!! Ordered 2x 225/45/R18 from Camskill for 185 quid delivered! Fantastic, thanks fellas! Tyre place in Notts has already agreed to fit them if i can source them before they get deliveries late-March.

If all goes well next week, i will have:

2x new front tyres fitted

2x new rear discs and pads (EBC grooved and ds2500s)

full oil and fluid service at Nissan in Notts with the decent OpieOils forum recommended fluids

(already had 2x rear tyres fitted)

I might drive up to Scotland and back next weekend, just because i can :teeth:

Good stuff man ...

I've been closely monitoring the Camskill site for days now waiting for the 225/45/18's to come into stock again ...

I just ordered a full set earlier today and have already had an email to say they have been dispatched ... I'll probably have them by Monday!

:yahoo:

That's quick delivery! Never heard a bad word said about camskill. They don't seem to advertise so it shows the power of word of mouth.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!! Ordered 2x 225/45/R18 from Camskill for 185 quid delivered! Fantastic, thanks fellas! Tyre place in Notts has already agreed to fit them if i can source them before they get deliveries late-March.

If all goes well next week, i will have:

2x new front tyres fitted

2x new rear discs and pads (EBC grooved and ds2500s)

full oil and fluid service at Nissan in Notts with the decent OpieOils forum recommended fluids

(already had 2x rear tyres fitted)

I might drive up to Scotland and back next weekend, just because i can :teeth:

Andy - you seem to be going down a similar route to me ref your brakes. Can I reccomend some new hoses? Mitz & Andy (aka CS) fitted some DS2500 pads, new lines and 5.1 fluid and it made such a difference to the standard set up, they work with the Brembos really well and I now have virtually zero fade, even after several hard laps around Bedord.

Honestly Andy - Yes. Get the Vreidesteins\Goodyears for the front and you will see what i mean... The sidewalls are very soft and very thinck, i'm not even sure how that combo is possible. I feel like my cars handling has been transformed with the change of tyres.

The only thing i can say is at the cheap end of the market Falken 452 are good compared to nankang/wan li and all that rubbish, but compared to proper UHP tyres they are not good.

I got the 275/35/19 Goodyear rears for £130 each, almost the same as the falkens and its like night/day honestly.

Sorry :-(

Agreed.

I will have to live with the 452s. This month the car has cost me almost 1400 quid (4x new tyres, full service due, new rear discs and pads, yearly insurance renewal). I couldnt afford to go with the Vred's or Toyo's again anyway :headhurt:

Its all just come at once this time round - normally i get lucky and things break over the course of a year, not in the same chuffin month as my premium is due lol