Bumper Replacement

Komier

Hi all,

Trying to decide the best route to go for replacing my OEM bumper on the zed.

It's a '53 plate, and Azure is the colour. I work away quite a bit and after my last trip I came back to a crack in the front bumper at the bottom, and the top, drivers side of the bumper where it meets the wing protruding slightly and not sitting flush.

It's also worth mentioning that I do quite a few miles, 12-15k a year in her, so there are quite a few stone chips in the current bumper as well as the new problems.

As I see it I have serveral options for replacement.

1) Get the current one off, repaired, resprayed and refitted, assuming it is not beyond repair with a big crack about 5 inches long down the front. Estimated cost is about £200-300 if i do the fitting myself. The sprayer is a little concerned about colour matching having done an azure zed before.

2) New bumper. Same rough cost for spraying. Colour matching issue. Nissan dealer estimating £600+VAT for the part. Seems excessive to me.

3) Ebay or forum. Used Azure bumper. There are a couple on ebay right now, look to be in good condition, reasonably good prices. Possible concern with colour match, although I wouldn't have to pay for spraying so...? Fitting should just be a bolt on job though? I could likely collect it and fit it myself all in one weekend.

4) Aftermarket bumper and spraying. Not sure on fitment, colour match still likely an issue. Don't have the money right now for a full kit, so just a front bumper may look odd?

I have thought about going aftermarket, but think they would likely look a bit odd without other kit (skirts, rear bumper, diff etc) to go with them. I particularly like the do-luck wyvern front bumper, but that in particular would probably look a bit odd without any side skirts at the very least. Anyone have experience of this?

Also how well do these aftermarket kits fit to the car? Are they bolt on and go like the OEM parts or do they require some jigging and filling?

Anyone have any opinions on the best option of those listed above?

Anyone ever bought a used OEM bumper of the right colour and just whacked it on? Given the mileage i'm doing this might be the most sensible option given the snow-plough front of the zed that creates stone chips constantly.

Any thoughts, opinions or experiences would be welcomed, I really can't decide what to go for. I just know I can't leave it as is, it's stressing me out everytime i see it :(

-Dave