More tyre questions

Jotun

Right, I've done so searching so I'm familiar with general opinions on tyres but would like to know if anyone has any specific advice for my situation. My rear tyres are approaching the wear indicators (they are RE040s) and I'm thinking about what to replace them with... they have lasted about 14k miles. My problem is that the garage put them on before I got the car and it has Falkens on the front which still have plenty of tread. Now I know that opinion is that tyres shouldn't be mixed but I've really enjoyed the bridgestones as they seem to slide quite gradually which is always fun, especially with the low tread at the moment :drive1 . I'm just wondering whether it is worth getting bridgestones again or to go for Falkens to match the front. How progressive are the Falkens when they lose grip, I don't want a tyre which takes me by surprise.... hence why I like the RE040s despite the fact they arent the best tyre.

Apologies if this is a dull topic that has been done to death, but its always nice to have a personal touch to any advice, cheers guys.

I may search locally for someone who will do a similar price on the Falkens, I've had them on the front this whole time so I may as well get some on the back. I've had some fun on the Bridgestones so I shall be sad to see them go, I may try to find a way to give them a smokey send off.

I may search locally for someone who will do a similar price on the Falkens, I've had them on the front this whole time so I may as well get some on the back. I've had some fun on the Bridgestones so I shall be sad to see them go, I may try to find a way to give them a smokey send off.

quiet car park *cough* burn *cough*

I dont think the RE040s are a terrible tyre, they just need a bit of heat to work well.

On a dry surface, with a good warm up, the RE040s are hard to beat, in the wet and poodling around, sure they`ll wheelspin if you have a heavy foot.

I drove around the icy, wet and had no problems with them ;) You have to tailor your driving to the road conditions.

Yep, summer is probably the only time you`ll get good use from the RE040s, but on public roads, in the wet, cold , ice etc, if you drive like you stole it with 040s on you will probably end up in a ditch or worst, but drive like a p**t and thats what happens, drive sensibly and the 040s will be like any other good tyre.

bridgestones aren't that bad, they may loose grip but its always progressive and easy to control. some other tyres have excellent grip all the way up to when they loose it then they just snap.

re040's make for excellent rack tyres,

as for driving in the wet etc, you just have to be aware that they might not grip for as long as you want.

bridgestones aren't that bad, they may loose grip but its always progressive and easy to control. some other tyres have excellent grip all the way up to when they loose it then they just snap.

re040's make for excellent rack tyres,

as for driving in the wet etc, you just have to be aware that they might not grip for as long as you want.

I did try to explain to Husky :surrender:

Ive driven my CTR with RE040s on track, at the Nurburg, and public roads for 3 and half years, and they did just fine, in the wet, yes, they slid a bit, but always progressive with loads of feedback

;)