Headlining removal

mac1984

I've pulled headlinings out before just never out of a 350z, and I didn't fancy buggering it up but I've got to get it out soon because its one of the things I hate about the 350z and that is the light headlining.

All the rest of the interior is black even the A posts, and they give it light headlining! :yuck:

So it will be going back in black. I've got hold of some upholstery paint, looks like it will do the job, if it looks @*!# i'll retrim it.

It's really starting to annoy me now and coming from an Audi TT with black interior, including the headlining :D. Hopefully I will be able to do it within the next 2 weeks or it will have to wait another 3 weeks til I come back from New Zealand (can't wait!) :yahoo::bounce::teeth:

BOLLOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant::angry::bang:

Just tried removing the vanity mirror out of one of the sun visors, and it shot off the table onto the floor and smashed! Not happy bunny! Should have been paying more attention to what I doing rather than trying to watch TV at the same time! :bang: Wonder how much Nissan want for abit of mirror glass?

If it's silly money i'll find a glazer to cut one to fit.

• 2 years later...

Pull all 3 door boot seals off,

remove the 4 poppers just Inside the boot edge,

The sun visers are held with two screws under a little cover and then need unplugging carefully,

The clip that holds the other side of the viser you put a flat bladed screwdriver up the back of it and twist it 90 degrees and then out,

The A pillar trims just pull off and behind the passenger one there are two plugs which feed everything in the head lining so unplug and unclip them,

Then remove the top seatbelt bolt and let it drop,

Pull the plastics behind your head as far ou as you can but they won't fully come out without taking all the plastics off which is not needed in my opinion,

Then lastly get your fingers up behind the microphone by the mirror and pull down gently, there are 4 quite strong clips that hold the microphone and sunglasses holder up.

Now the whole lining should be loose and you pull the front down past the mirror and winkle the back corners out from behind the plasics and it all comes out of either door all in one

Hope this helps :thumbs: it really is quite easy if your handy with the tools