DESTROYED TYRES PICS, any mondeo owners?

Husky

my mate asked me to go out and have a look at his mondeos tyres today as a bit of rubber had been flicking round and banging the mudflap. this was indeed part of the tyre :scare: anyway i will post pictures when i get home instead of describing. they were so badly worn partly because the subframe bushes (i think thats what they are called) are buggered, and partly due to neglect.

question is, does anyone know if this is a common problem or is any kind soul on a mondeo forum and can ask the question? i had a prod around different forums with no joy :shrug:

he wonders if he could get it done on the warranty as it has only done 22000miles 07plate (titanium 2.5t)

also what parts does he need to order, the guy at the garage i dragged him to said that it was a complete assembly he needed to buy direct from ford. can he just buy the bushes and get them swapped out instead?

any help is appreciated :thumbs:

i dont know how clearly you can see but basically you can slice your finger on the metal banding round the tyres. the faces were completely flat with only a shadow of where the tread should have been, there was canvas coming out off all edges and both tyres were way under inlfated. needless to say i took him straight to the nearest tyre fitters in convoy incase he died :scare:

EDIT: oph and there was a masive chuck of rubber missing off the inside edges :surrender:

100211_142247.jpg

100211_142232.jpg

Thats mad! Surely you would check your tires before they got to that state.

I am assuming there is nothing rubbing on the tyre anywhere if so surely your mate has to take some responsibility for the damage? If its been for a service recently then you may have a case as it would be a basic check for any garage

hello

there prity bad, used 2 wrk for ford saw alot like that due to wheel alignment out i wud advice a gemo alignment, if there rears its possible that yr rear subframe bushes are excessively worn wich unfortuantly means new rear subframe is the car still under warranty? if so should be coverd hope this helps.

cheers, it is the front bushes that are worn, would that still be under warranty? it is still in the warranty period.

his car is getting serviced tomorrow, he is going to ask about it then. tbh i offered to clean the car aswell as its filthy :dry: he said he needed wiper blades... i said he should just clean the dam thing.

grant, get it on a ramp and check the bushes!

cheers, it is the front bushes that are worn, would that still be under warranty? it is still in the warranty period.

his car is getting serviced tomorrow, he is going to ask about it then. tbh i offered to clean the car aswell as its filthy :dry: he said he needed wiper blades... i said he should just clean the dam thing.

If I let either my Zed or Mondeo get mucky will you come and clean them Husky?

I just need to make a phone call on mine as its the company car. :D

for a cost :p

for a cost :p

Scooby snack?!?!? :lol: