285 to 275 - Problems?

geoff-r

Instead of putting 285mm tyres on and putting on 275mm tyres would there be any issues, other than a slight stretch?

I think a little more info is required ;) For example wheels? size? etc . :)

+1 - on my Rotas, I could use 275 or 285 no probs, after all its only 5mm each side of the wheel.

Instead of putting 285mm tyres on and putting on 275mm tyres would there be any issues, other than a slight stretch?

I think a little more info is required ;) For example wheels? size? etc . :)

+1 - on my Rotas, I could use 275 or 285 no probs, after all its only 5mm each side of the wheel.

and 3mm off the rolling radius, but you should be ok and and it won't upset the ESP too much

# Wheels and Tires

# 20 x 9.5" (front) and 20 x 10.5" (rear) super-lightweight forged-aluminum wheels with Gunmetal Gray finish.

# Exclusively developed nitrogen-filled Bridgestone� RE070A high-capacity run-flat summer tires, 255/40R20 front and 285/35R20 rear.

# Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).

# Optional exclusively developed nitrogen-filled Dunlop� run-flat all-season tires, 255/40R20 front and 285/35R20 rear (includes Bright Silver wheels).

^^^^ Thats what they come with...

BRIDGESTONE TYRES / CAR / BRIDGESTONE RE070 POTENZA BRIDGESTONE RE 070 - 285/35RF20 100Y RFT TL

296.25£ on camskill.co.uk

BRIDGESTONE TYRES / CAR / BRIDGESTONE RE070 POTENZA BRIDGESTONE RE 070 - 255/40RF20 97Y RFT TL

(Nissan GTR)

272.59£ on camskill.co.uk...

going to cost you a bit to get rubber for them yokes.

'summer tyres' - there is my point. I doubt I would consider the Bridgestones at all, even if the alloys come with them as standard. Fair enough if we lived in a country where it was sunny for more than a week, but in reality it isn't, and they're not very well suited to our roads, great in dry weather but terrible in wet weather. As for going for 275's as opposed to 285's. I can get a very good deal on the 275's but not the 285's.

'summer tyres' - there is my point. I doubt I would consider the Bridgestones at all, even if the alloys come with them as standard. Fair enough if we lived in a country where it was sunny for more than a week, but in reality it isn't, and they're not very well suited to our roads, great in dry weather but terrible in wet weather. As for going for 275's as opposed to 285's. I can get a very good deal on the 275's but not the 285's.

MODEL NAME: DUNLOP TYRES / RUNFLAT RUN FLAT / DUNLOP SP SPORT 600 - 285/35RF20 100Y RFT

PRICE £426.07 inc.VA

& FRONT

DUNLOP TYRES / RUNFLAT RUN FLAT / DUNLOP SP SPORT 600 - 255/40RF20 97Y RFT TL

PRICE £402.46 inc.VAT

Supossed to be good in the wet... 285 and 255 width will be good in the dry!

so 1600 on rubber... :cold: