Japspeed resonated/silenced decat pipes

matth76

Is anyone using Japspeed resonated/silenced decat pipes? What's the quality and fitment like (especially with heat shield) and do you get lots of rasp? If you are using them what exhaust/Y-pipe are you using, standard or aftermarket? thanks for any info. Did you also notice any loss in torque/power low down the revs?

I've got a set (which will be for sale in a few weeks) Quality is ok, fitment is good. I get lots of rasp but I have DC headers, Japspeed TP, Ichiba Y-pipe & a GReddy ti-c with a custom unsilenced mid pipe :)

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm only really interested to know what people think of the Japspeed "resonated/silenced" decat/test pipes as I'm thinking of getting them. I've got a Nismo system and know only a few brands actually sound good, with minimal or no rasp (such as Megan V2 resonated ones which produce no rasp at all with a Nismo - however they are only available in the US). However Japspeed are reasonably priced at £130 inc vat and delivery. Anyone got the resonated test pipes on they car?

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm only really interested to know what people think of the Japspeed "resonated/silenced" decat/test pipes as I'm thinking of getting them. I've got a Nismo system and know only a few brands actually sound good, with minimal or no rasp (such as Megan V2 resonated ones which produce no rasp at all with a Nismo - however they are only available in the US). However Japspeed are reasonably priced at £130 inc vat and delivery. Anyone got the resonated test pipes on they car?

If you have heard that Megan v2's produce no rasp then you have your answer ;)

However they are only available in the US and pricey to import plus I have heard they can crack easily :( Want to find out what the Japspeed resonated ones are like if anyone has them.

They are made in the same place so I am led to understand. Both Megan and Japspeed are known to just badge other unbranded products...

However they are only available in the US and pricey to import plus I have heard they can crack easily :( Want to find out what the Japspeed resonated ones are like if anyone has them.

They are made in the same place so I am led to understand. Both Megan and Japspeed are known to just badge other unbranded products...

Didn't realist that. Thanks for the info.