JDM spare key cut at an extortionate price.

rickya

Iv just today given my zed in to Nissan Crawley Down to get a spare JDM key cut, & wait for it, for a total sum of: £360!!!!! :wacko::wacko::scare::scare::scare:

Thats £305 for they key & £55 to code it. They keep it for a couple of days, I drive 60 miles there and back twice over & they give me a courtesy car, wait for it a flipp*n Skoda Fabia Estate 1.4 diesel!!!!

Can life get any worse.

:thumbdown:

Anyway some consolation is that the dealer I bought the car from has agreed to pay half the cost as he did say before purchase many times that he had a spare key. A UK spare key is also apprx £250 all in! Hardly any Nissan dealers were interested in the task of a JDM key only the private Nissan franchises would do it. This is mainly because they have to order the key from Japan, open up your ignition, email details over to Japan, they ask for more details & eventually they email back the NATS code from Japan, which is then coded onto the key.

I feel quite lucky by comparison. The importer agreed to order up the spare key from Nissan UK and pay for it and the coding. When the key arrived they passed it to me and arranged for me to take it to a Nissan dealer (Arnold Clark, Livingston) to be coded. They had some difficulty in getting the code, and I had to take it back after they had received the NATS code from Japan. That second visit was only a few minutes, though, and they only charged £63 all in. As arranged, I have passed the invoice to the importer and I am waiting for the reimbursement cheque to arrive.

Jim I think that cost of £63 was only for coding, the dealer you bought from must have paid for the cost of key which in my case was £305!

ps funny but i am also waiting for a cheque from my dealer for the £180, half the cost. :headhurt: