Oil change?

fusion350z

Please feel free to direct me if this topic has been covered before.

I have covered 1000 miles now, almost run in :) and was considering changing the oil. Would you reccomend doing this and what type of oil would you use.

Also does the Zed have a sump plug washer that will need replacing.

Many thanks

Me personally would swop it and put some good quality semi synthetic in (then change to fully when you've done some more miles ) Yes sump plug has a washer , would change this as a matter of course also filter for how much they cost!

Ive recently had mine changed for silkolene pro S 5w-40.

I dont know if it is my imaginaion or not, but the car instantly felt a lot smoother. :thumbs:

:thumbs:

As the Amsoil Importer I would definately go along with whats said above, 4500 - 5000 mls something like this would be where my money would be. A synthetic being so much better than a mineral oil would tend to prevent it running in. Once run in though the benifits are great for both the car and your pocket.

Guest prescience

The sump plug washer should ALWAYS be changed when you do the oil. It is not designed to last more than one shift so to speak and anyway is such a false economy not to change when you consider the consequences of it failing :scare:

• 3 months later...

I've just completed my running in mileage (done 1400 miles now) and am considering an oil change.

Just so I understand what's already been said - change now to a semi-synthetic oil (something like a 5W-30) and then change to a fully synthetic oil at about 5000 miles (again something like a 5W-30)? At the same time, change both the sump plug and oil filter.

Sorry if this seems like an unnecessary post - this is the first high-performance car I've owned and I want to make sure I look after it as best as possible.

Thanks in advance.

I've just completed my running in mileage (done 1400 miles now) and am considering an oil change.

Just so I understand what's already been said - change now to a semi-synthetic oil (something like a 5W-30) and then change to a fully synthetic oil at about 5000 miles (again something like a 5W-30)? At the same time, change both the sump plug and oil filter.

Sorry if this seems like an unnecessary post - this is the first high-performance car I've owned and I want to make sure I look after it as best as possible.

Thanks in advance.

you've got it spot on :thumbs: genuine filters are cheap enough about £6 ,

• 2 weeks later...

Changing your oil is dead easy.

There are two or three bolts on a flap in the plastic under tray that give access to the oil filter.

This comes loose with a decent sized pair of mole grips (A filter strap would do it but one of those three legged things that fits on the end is no good as the filter is very small)

The hardest thing is checking the level with the dip stick.

Good luck

Ming the Spanner wielder