Ultimate Racing ceramic hfc with Nismo

matth76

Hi

Does anyone have Ultimate Racing ceramic hfc with Nismo or can anyone find clips of what this combination sounds like - is it similar to the Kinetix (which are all ceramic) hfc with a Nismo? I have heard issues with metallic hfc where the cores can burn out and issues with cracks on Kinetix hfc (all something to do with the lack of flex in the Nismo Y-pipe) but not heard of any issues at all with the Ultimate Racing ceramic ones.

I've had a good search in youtube but cannot find any Ultimate Racing high flow cats with a Nismo.

Thanks for any help and info.

I've got a Nismo. Got it fitted today actually and really liking it - just want to free up some of that lovely sound. I got the exhaust second hand courtesy of Zmanalex and Colin - it was in very good condition and the sound when you get over 2500 revs is lovely. It's not much louder than stock. My stock exhaust had a blow in it (which sounded great) so was actually louder than my new Nismo so I actually have a quiet car again. Just want it slightly louder. It certainly revs much harder. Just want a bit more sound (and of course power). Kinetix would have been my choice - being ceramic (I've heard bad stories of the metal cores of Berks and other metalic hfc) but not ceramic ones, however the Kinetix are very prone to cracking. Love the sound the Kinetix make but wondered if Ultimate Racing ceramic ones would sound similar. Just cannot find any sound clips. I'm sure there was one on Youtube of a guy in Germany or Spain but for the life of me cannot find it.

Cheers guys. Yes was planning on getting them from Z1 if I go for them (cannot find any UK suppliers of this hfc) and agree they certainly look very top quality. I have just emailed Adam at Z1. Does anyone know what the sound is like of the Ultimate Racing ceramic hfc and whether they sound similar to Kinetix ones (which are also all ceramic)? I have found a youtube clip of Ultimate Racing hfc but the owner does not say what type they are -

- Does anyone know know if these are more likely to be the ceramic or metal cats that this guy has used?

Thanks guys.

Lots of people on here use Kinitex and Berk with no issues. Issues with the Kinitex were from the un bracketed ones and the people that I know that have bust them used to like "ragging the arse" off their zeds so they were getting latteral strain on the zorst where if just going in a strait line you dont really get it.

Also most of the issues with the cores were from those racing them and caused by heat due to the constant heat on the zorst. if your just running it on the road you probably wont get any issues...

There were a couple of owners on NS that had ultimate racing cats not sure if they were on nismos though.

Thanks for your reply and info. I want to be sure which hfc to get before spending out me dosh (hfc are pretty pricey but don't want the hassle of taking them on and off for each mot and don't want the rasp you get with TP) :) Did you mention you may be getting the Uprev remap during January 3Fiddyz or was that another couple of members? Just curious what the results were.

Mine is Upreved already but is going back for more work soon... and Decats dont rasp, well good ones dont!

Am guessing that you have a y-pipe with the nismo but if not, go with the motordyne y-pipe with swapable cat / decat sections. Saw one today, lovely made bit of kit!

If you run uprev with maps then you can go with decats as you can use a map for the mot ;) Speak to Mark about it...

Mark

What kind of power output are you getting with the Uprev? Yes have the Nismo Y-pipe. The MD xyz pipe does look good - pricey though but supposed to be very good quality as you say. Interesting what you say about being able to run decat test pipes and map the engine to pass the MOT. Didn't know that - I assume it must be to do with altering the fuelling/air and timing etc.

Really happy with my new (well 18 month old) Nismo - makes the rear look very nice and shiney! :teeth: and I was loving putting my foot down ever so slightly just to hear that lovely sound.

Yeh this was the last one with decats

Uprev-Catsvnocats.jpg

Just realised its 272 so looking to get 275ish not 280!! Dont think a blowing y-pipe is gonna be loosing me 8hp is any!

Since fitting the new y, the AFR has changed slightly so could have caused a small loss! Torque is the main win though with uprev, the bonus is the HP!