2 phone cradles, bit decadent!

kazman

So I picked up a 55 uk Z today. So far all seems well save for a flashing air bag light that the dealer is helping me get sorted next Friday.

One strange addition is that the car has 2 phone cradles, one in the normal place and one adhered to the left of the stereo. The cradle is hard wired in and appears to have an additional mic. That comes through where the map lights are. I am guessing this may be for improved clarity over the STD system that I gather is hard for people to hear.

I really don't want to start ripping anything out (I always **** it up) and so was wondering what peoples views are on the likelihood of at least one of these two systems working if I purchas a BT module?

For starters, is it possible that both set ups are connected to the speakers and steering wheel controls, or is it more likely the STD cradle is disconnected and the additional one will work only using the alternative mic? I know it's not much to go on, but if any of you have amy thoughts it would be great!

Just to clarify, both cradles are the STD design.

Thanks for reading :thumbs:

I don't find the OEM system difficult to hear but it IS difficult to use the voice activated dial out function. Don't know why it has 2 independent systems ............. maybe the owner's newer phone didn't fit the originally supplied adaptor and he/she didn't want to pay for a stealer upgrade adaptor and so bought and fitted the aftermarket system

Thanks for the reply (again). That's the strange thing though, the second cradle that's been fitted is identical to the standard one! Maybe they did not realise there was one already there.... The additional one Is deffinately wired in... As long as though one of the works properly I will be happy, I just don't want to spend £90 odd on something that might not be hooked up right.

Having said that I could probably sell the Bluetooth module on again for a minimal loss.

Thanks for the reply (again). That's the strange thing though, the second cradle that's been fitted is identical to the standard one! Maybe they did not realise there was one already there.... The additional one Is deffinately wired in... As long as though one of the works properly I will be happy, I just don't want to spend £90 odd on something that might not be hooked up right.

Having said that I could probably sell the Bluetooth module on again for a minimal loss.

I just bought a bluetooth on here .... where do you live? ......... maybe you could try someone's before you buy :)

Salisbury in wiltshire. I think i might see if anyone wants to loan me one for a tenner.... its money well spent either way as i can trial-

1 if it works

2 if the volume levels are acceptable to me

the irony is i really dont need this feature - i just love gadgets, and if the potential is there to have it working I HAVE TO HAVE IT WORKING :)

Salisbury in wiltshire. I think i might see if anyone wants to loan me one for a tenner.... its money well spent either way as i can trial-

1 if it works

the irony is i really dont need this feature - i just love gadgets, and if the potential is there to have it working I HAVE TO HAVE IT WORKING :)

I am in Somerset so if you are going my way I will be happy to meet up with you and try out a bluetooth adapter and see what the score is :D

1 if it works

I am in Somerset so if you are going my way I will be happy to meet up with you and try out a bluetooth adapter and see what the score is :D

you're sposed to be sendin that to me Pimm :angry::angry::angry:

How much are you selling them for? Not sure I can afford one this month mind, what with the new car and all :lol:

If next month you want one i will sell one for you at £65 which is £5 cheaper than last years rates :lol:

but if you want to try first as said i will be happy to meet you and see what the hell is going on inside your car ie 2 cradles :wacko::wacko:

just PM me when you are ready :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: