Service Question

craigo

Can anyone give me a pointer on this; I bought my 05 Z nearly a year ago and as part of the deal, the Nissan dealer agreed to give the car its next service before I collected the car. (P3 on age rather than miles, even though not due for another 3 months at the time)

Do I use this last service as the reference point for the next service or the original yearly service dates of about April time.

The car is still under Nissan extended warranty which I dont want to invalidate. The car has only covered 1400 miles since the P3.

Thanks in advance.

Right guys thanks to CS ( ;) ) ive had a look at the service checklist and i believe the following is correct:

P1, Engine Oil, Oil Filter.

P2, Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Brake Fluid, Air Filter, PCV Filter, Conventional Spark Plugs, Pollen Filter.

P3, Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Brake Fluid, Air Filter, PCV Filter, Conventional Spark Plugs, Pollen Filter.

Like i say that info has come straight from Nissan so according to them a P2 and P3 are the same! :wacko: only thing to check is what additional service items you may need as well as above see below:

Fuel filter: replace every 36,000 miles (maintenance free on 350z)

Antifreeze: Every 3 years or 36,000 miles whichever sooner. (not only protects against freezing, but prevents corrosion of internal engine parts)

Cambelt: NA on 350z :yahoo:

Platinum tipped spark plugs: every 5 years or 54,000 miles.

Manual transmission oil: replace at 54,000 miles.

The 350z uses a viscous coupling type L.S.D. so no need to change the oil :yahoo:

Service intervals are: P1, P2, P1, P3, repeat cycle....

I thought id post this info up as it may help some of you guys in the future :thumbs:

Ben

Thanks for your help so far. My question though was really more about when I should plan the next service. Its P3 was done early when I bought the car. Do I work on 1 year from the early P3 or the month it had its earlier yearly services. Mine is totally going on age, not mileage.