DM Carbon, anybody used them for body parts?

kris

Has anybody ever bought any replica body parts from DM Carbon?

They do a replica of the Veilside V1 front lip which I could have fitted while the Zed is in the bodyshop next week. Are there any fitment issues at all with their products? Whats the quality like?

Cheers!

wasn't someone selling one of their kits on here?

apart from that one thread, i've never heard of them.

is your body shop selling you this, or is it something you already have?

either way you should be able to get them to test fit it first. if its gash just say no. if its do able but needs work, try and get an estimate to see if its worth it.

It was the for sale thread that drew my attention to it. The brand new replica lip is £94, but its fibreglass so...

http://dmcarbonltd.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=148&Itemid=34&4b0b9ff3b60cf667efc8fb45da3d5dfa=6c86bfb1bfa455a6bf02671def99d77b

The Zed is going into the bodyshop either way next week to have the rear bumper resprayed and a ding taken out and a few other bits. Thought while its in there I might have this lip sprayed and fitted (If the quality is right).

This picture shows what the lip would look like on a GM like mine:

my350z_20071013_night_10.jpg

I haven't seen the SXOC lot for ages. Might venture down. Would be good to see your motor again especially with the new lip and sub.

I'll probably go for the splitter in the FRP as I want it doing in gloss black. Having the door handles, badges and wing mirrors in gloss black while its in the bodyshop too. What you reckon?

I haven't seen the SXOC lot for ages. Might venture down. Would be good to see your motor again especially with the new lip and sub.

I'll probably go for the splitter in the FRP as I want it doing in gloss black. Having the door handles, badges and wing mirrors in gloss black while its in the bodyshop too. What you reckon?

What colour is the car?

Envy is a great lip to get, but in answer to your initial question, DM Carbon are associated with a trader on here. Dixon Motorsports ;)

What colour is the car?

Envy is a great lip to get, but in answer to your initial question, DM Carbon are associated with a trader on here. Dixon Motorsports ;)

never knew that, must admit, that fills me with a hell of a lot more confidence in the item, as Dixon has an excellent reputation for selling and doing quality parts and workmanship.

What colour is the car?

Didnt realise Dixon were associated with them, Dixon have a very good reputation, so that makes me feel alot more confident.

Zed is GM :thumbs:

What colour is the car?

Didnt realise Dixon were associated with them, Dixon have a very good reputation, so that makes me feel alot more confident.

Personally I would be going matt black with the GM esp if your going handles and badges. I would say the same for Sunset and Blade. Red and Blue suit gloss black... White could go either way dependent on the style of the rest of the car..

Gloss black will stand out a fair amount and not blend in like matt will. As a trial get some matt and gloss black vinyl and cover the wing mirror, should give you a good idea and be cheaper than getting them resprayed if you dont like the look!

What colour is the car?

Personally I would be going matt black with the GM esp if your going handles and badges. I would say the same for Sunset and Blade. Red and Blue suit gloss black... White could go either way dependent on the style of the rest of the car..

Gloss black will stand out a fair amount and not blend in like matt will. As a trial get some matt and gloss black vinyl and cover the wing mirror, should give you a good idea and be cheaper than getting them resprayed if you dont like the look!

Hmm, I was thinking gloss black to go with the splitter etc. Got me thinking now. Would be interested to see some comaprison pics.

of Matt and Gloss? Not gonna see many around as most have gone carbon! Prob a few around though.

You will see from one of Nurrishs transformation's the gloss effect, on mine I went matt but no splitter for comparrison. Mirrors are currently carbon but have a gloss roof but thats just for the panoramic roof effect! Bundus had or has gloss black accents but I think hes now going for matt carbon..

If you are going gloss then you need to find the right gloss black too.. amazing how different they can be. Painters have a black that they use to mix with other colours or accents, Think its called "standard gloss black" its a pretty good paint to go for.

of Matt and Gloss? Not gonna see many around as most have gone carbon! Prob a few around though.

You will see from one of Nurrishs transformation's the gloss effect, on mine I went matt but no splitter for comparrison. Mirrors are currently carbon but have a gloss roof but thats just for the panoramic roof effect! Bundus had or has gloss black accents but I think hes now going for matt carbon..

If you are going gloss then you need to find the right gloss black too.. amazing how different they can be. Painters have a black that they use to mix with other colours or accents, Think its called "standard gloss black" its a pretty good paint to go for.

Cheers for that, I'll have a word with the body shop about the black they an use. I'm very undecided.

Yoko - Heres a pic, not the best but if you could do a chop that would be greatly appreciated!

motion1eq3.jpg

i used bmw sapphire black, its a pearlesant and works well

only on the blade of my spoiler at the moment, but soon to be added to the door handles.

Hmm sounds good. I wonder what the Rota 'yamaha black' code is...

tbh gloss or carbon or matt all look good as long as youve got bits to match.

that way you get a nice theme of highlights which i guess is part of the reason people go for carbon, long as you get the same weive they tend to match.

I agree, looking forwrad to getting it all done tbh. Your splitter looks good in carbon.

Might have to do some trawling!