Geometry & Alignment Reccomendation - Manchester

webber

Hi All,

Last week I had my Z lowered 30mm on Eibach springs and had the Eibach rear camber and toe adjustment kit fitted as per the many reccomendations on this site :thumbs:

I had been searching for a good alignment place around the Manchester area to get the car set up properly and after a bit of reading into the varying levels of 'alignment' that different garages are able to offer I decided that ideally I wanted somewhere with a Hunter machine or similar to set up as much as possible.

I had been given a number of verbal reccomendations for a garage called Drury Lane Services in Oldham who use the Hunter DSP 600 imaging system and I had also seen reccomendations on Lexusownersclub.co.uk.

I took my car there and I must say I was very impressed with the place! Paul who runs Drury Lane has years of experience in Formula Ford and Formula Three racing and was very knowledgable on the subject of geometry set ups, he talked me through a number of different print outs showing the before, during and after stages of the set up.

Here is one of the printouts (Please excuse the terrible 'Before' alignment.... my friends garage installed the camber and toe kit but didnt align it at all as you can see!)

Alignment350z.jpg

As you can see the front camber was not adjustable as standard but it is close enough not to concern me.

All in all the car feels great now, it is totally planted and an absolute pleasure to drive. Top marks to Drury Lane services, they are very friendly, knowledgable and offer great service that i wanted to tell people about :thumbs:

Here is the link to the website for anyone who is interested: http://www.drurylaneservices.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used Nigel Langs in Bolton for mine, as recommended by Tony at WIM. He used to recommend Drury Lane but doesn't anymore for some reason, not sure if it was due to their expertise or the fact he thought they were charging too much. :shrug:

Here's the web site for Nigel Langs:

http://www.nigellangsgarage.co.uk/wheel_alignment.htm

I was very happy with the work they did but can't remember what they charged now as it was last summer when I had it done.

• 1 month later...

I did go to Drury Lane and have to say I'm very pleased with there service.

Needed the tracking doing. Cost £60+vat. Showed me the results for before and after. Excellent set up they have got there and would use again.