Bose ate my CD, HELP!

nicon2k

So, this morning i loaded a CD into the autochanger at position two. It was early and i *may* have put it in upside down.

The CD went in but that disk was not shown as loaded on the screen. Since it does not think there is a disk in there, i am unable to eject it again. When i try and load a cd into that slot, it makes a few noises then changes its mind and plays CD three.

I am able to load and eject the CDs from all the other slots without any issues.

It just seems to be a bit confused. Any idea how to get the CD out?

Thanks

Fixed it at lunch. The solution is tricky and requires a high level of coordination.

If you have the same problem you should be able to fix with the following steps.

1. Get into the passenger side of the car

2. With one finger hold the eject button

3. With another finger hold the number of the stuck CD

4. Now for the tricky bit. Slam your right knee into the padded bit at hard as you can while AT THE SAME TIME swearing at it at the top of your voice for eating your fav CD.

5. Take out the CD and thank your god/BOSE faries.

One for the knowlege base? :bangin:

Nope, right way up. I did stumble accross a way of making the CD skip less in this weather.

The problem happens for me when the unit starts to heat but the CD's do not. This causes "fogging" ont he CD which causes the skipping.

Eject the CD and hold it facing the blower for a few seconds untill it starts to heat up. When you put it back in the head unit you will have 30 seconds of bad skipping while the temps equalize and then falt less playback. Well at least i do......