Help Needed !!

Burnsidea

OK followed the guides on how to remove and install a new audio system. (http://blog.timtrott.co.uk/wp-content/u ... x100-3.jpg)

Bought this http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/facia_pa ... 0-229.html

this http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/steering ... 9-674.html

this http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/steering ... html?cat=0

and just in case this http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/adaptor_ ... 0-134.html

got all the system out and as you can see below I have a lead left over that I can't plug in to any of the connectors.

get no power to the system can anyone help?? have Sextons sent me a wrong part?

post-5596-135011870522_thumb.jpgpost-5596-135011870544_thumb.jpg

I have nothing else to connect to the part show in fig 1 (sorry about poor pics)

am i being daft thinking you have a spare white male connector in pic one and a spare black female connector in pic 2 that look the same size?? :shrug:

no they don't fit the white nissan connector does not fit into anything I have

sorry to state the obvious there :blush: hopefully someone will be more helpfull :sorry:

ok so you have the 3 from the bose , 2 go to the new loom and the head unit the last one goes to the remote interface part and unless you got lucky youve got 3 bare wires .

the new loom wiht remote interface should show whihc wires to splice for the remote.

the rest just plugs in.

edit... if your getting no power have you got the ignition fully on ?? if so and still no joy the looms are either not configurd right oooooorrrrrrr you need to add another earth.

ok so you have the 3 from the bose , 2 go to the new loom and the head unit the last one goes to the remote interface part and unless you got lucky youve got 3 bare wires .

the new loom wiht remote interface should show whihc wires to splice for the remote.

the rest just plugs in.

edit... if your getting no power have you got the ignition fully on ?? if so and still no joy the looms are either not configurd right oooooorrrrrrr you need to add another earth.

But nothing fits into the 1 white bose in the first pic. what do you mean another earth I no pro as you might guess.

Have you made a new ground cable? If not try plugging in the aerial as a check - this will make a temporary ground connection.

The black ISO connection you don't need - this is the speaker line out which is not used. The loom uses the Pre-outs of the head unit as a source for the BOSE system.

the rest just plugs in.

But nothing fits into the 1 white bose in the first pic. what do you mean another earth I no pro as you might guess.

yeah there will be one that you dont plug in to that what the bare wires coming form the steering wheel remote interface connect to.

ah thats the same loom i got !

as i have been trying to explain (quite badly it seems :surrender: )

the third and so far unused connector is the the oem steeringwheel that needs to be spliced with the 3 wires youve got hanging out of that little black box, you should have instructions on whihc wires to splice.

there is also an extra ground wire that needs to go to the bodywork somewhere mines on the little metal brace that heater controls mount too.

First can I say a big thanks for all the help Rob and co I have got it sorted now well in regards to the fitting and power issue I had. It was Sextons that had sent the wrong Loom.

Anyway the problem I have now is that my Sub does not work as sub and has sound coming out like a normal speaker.

so the system sounds worse than before. the fronts and rears connected correct in the Apline

Any thought anyone?

First can I say a big thanks for all the help Rob and co I have got it sorted now well in regards to the fitting and power issue I had. It was Sextons that had sent the wrong Loom.

Anyway the problem I have now is that my Sub does not work as sub and has sound coming out like a normal speaker.

so the system sounds worse than before. the fronts and rears connected correct in the Apline

Any thought anyone?

If you have a sub out on the alpine try using one of them for a pair of the rca connectors.

you will have to figure out which one does what through trial and error.

could be barking up the wrong tree here but have you checked you got the forn and rear rca's right ???

i know i had to hook mine up and test to check as the loom is marked for some silly reason !

when I fade to front I get front and same with rear its the sub it thinks its a rear if you get me ... The low range sub stuff is no more and sounds pap... needs to front 2 rear and sub. just get 2 front 3 rear lol

probably not the answer your looking for butttt....best solution is ot bin the bsoe sub and its feable amp !

before i put ina real sub/amp i could hardly tell the sub was there , not a problem now :)

Can you or anyone tell me what amp to get and sub if need be?

Should I get a 2ch Amp for the sub or a 5 ch Amp for the lot?

depnds on your plans for the future but mainly your budget.

i went monoblock to just run my sub a while back but if your really in to your audio and think you may want fully amp'd id go 4 chan . bridge the 2 rears to run the sub and then power a set of comps up front . If you must ahve th rear leave them on the bose.

that way you wont have to spenad a fortune and it will be easyer to install than 2 amps but really its up to you.

I belive H5 has a nice fully amp'd setup using 2 if i remember right.

work out your budget and aims then go from there .

depnds on your plans for the future but mainly your budget.

i went monoblock to just run my sub a while back but if your really in to your audio and think you may want fully amp'd id go 4 chan . bridge the 2 rears to run the sub and then power a set of comps up front . If you must ahve th rear leave them on the bose.

that way you wont have to spenad a fortune and it will be easyer to install than 2 amps but really its up to you.

I belive H5 has a nice fully amp'd setup using 2 if i remember right.

work out your budget and aims then go from there .

Im not fussed about swapping any speakers in the front and the 2 rear at this moment. So should I get a 400w 2ch amp and a new sub? and keep the other speakers running off the car amp...