Phone help needed ... *Cov / Sutton coldfield*

ianp

Hi guys,

I've recently bought a Bury bluetooth adapter from one of our friends on here and can't get it working. When I switch on it doesn't beep or show up as a bluetooth device on any of the phones that I have tried. The led lights up red constantly, blinking off very briefly every 20 seconds or so. Does anyone know what this behaviour might indicate?

Bury have suggested that the adapter is faulty but I would like to test it if I can. Is there anyone with a GT around Sutton Coldfield or Coventry who knows that their phone cradle is working who would help me test it? Mine is an '05, so it would need to be a similar vintage.

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately that's the problem. It doesn't ever flash yellow and isn't visible to any of the phones that I've tried. It might be faulty but need to make sure it's the adapter and not the car before coming to that conclusion.

• 6 months later...

Hi Guys,

i have just picked up on this thread; recently acquired a 06 GT with a Take and Talk Bury adapter with what looks like a phone specific cradle on it - it won't pair with my Nokia. Was the original query ever resolved? Will I wasting my money if ordered a 'regular' adapter (ie one without a phone cradle)?

Hi Guys,

i have just picked up on this thread; recently acquired a 06 GT with a Take and Talk Bury adapter with what looks like a phone specific cradle on it - it won't pair with my Nokia. Was the original query ever resolved? Will I wasting my money if ordered a 'regular' adapter (ie one without a phone cradle)?

all your answers are here

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13358&hilit=bluetooth

Thanks M13KYF, you guys seem to reply at the spead of light!! I am impressed.

Yes, I was aware of that thread, unfortunately it doesn't resolve my problem though: I have what you guys refer to as the cradle (shoe?) into which slides the module photographed. I have an assembly very similar to that shown here: www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?num=2 ... EEQ8wIwAw# (sorry about that string). The assembly fits the shoe OK and has a phone cradle on the upper surface but I cant pair with my Nokia. I have also downloaded the user manual for the THB Bury assembly and this infers that they may be handset specific, but that isn't clear/certain.

Judging by this thread ianp had a similar issue. I am happy to buy the module photographed if it is 'general purpose', but wanted to be sure that it was my module that was incompatable and not a fault on my car. I guess the only sure way to find a local zed owner and see if I can borrow their module for a few minutes.

I'd be happy to test the b'tooth with ya. I'm based near Solihull although you'd have to come my way I'm afraid. Can't do this weekend although tomorrow evening or mon evening let me know and we can test your unit.

• 2 weeks later...

I am delighted to say that this problem has now been resolved (bin the Bury unit). My apologies go to ianp for hijacking his thread.

I offer my thanks to Wasso and Ruddles for their offers of help but very special thanks to M13KYF for the advice and PIMM for his excellent help, advice and resolution. posting.php?mode=reply&f=10&t=31236# posting.php?mode=reply&f=10&t=31236#

This forum is superb.

(I'm sick of hearing the word 'pardon' though) posting.php?mode=reply&f=10&t=31236#