finally my boot stays open... but for how long?

sketch

finally tonight i have managed to make my boot lid stay open with-out the help of a broom handle!!!!

my car looking kinda clean...

2009-10-11at10-28-02.jpg

boot lid open...whooo!!!

P1060176.jpg

boot lid closed...notice anything differant lol... my spoiler fell off...

P1060177.jpg

P1060178.jpg

when i bought my car 3 months ago it had a nismo spoiler on it, to start with i hated it but then kinda learnt to love it, now my ings spoiler arrived a couple weeks ago from jap land and to keep bodyshop costs down i removed the old spoiler myself... not as easy as it sounds as some kind soul tiger sealed it down... came off kinda in one peice just a couple of cracks

i really hate how it looks now without a spoiler, this look is not for me....

test fit of the ings spoiler... not bad but not perfect... bit of work to do, ill adjust the spoiler myself then send it to the bodyshop in a week or so but the car itself is going in tomorrow!!! for a smoother front bumper and a smoothed de-wiperd and de-holed boot lid... cant wait!

P1060180.jpg

P1060181.jpg

P1060182.jpg

P1060183.jpg

ive got that nervous feeling that the nismo mite have grown on me a bit too much, depinatly down to personal taste tho, think one of the reasons i like the ings so much is because its differant, and as an added bonus ill be able to see a little more in the rear view mirror

prefer the nismo :teeth:

it just seems to safe with the nismo, i wanna be a little differant, may keep the nismo just to make sure i made the right choice

Is that an original Ings?

i dont beleive so, but for what i paid and how well if fits im not complaining, cheers

prefer the nismo :teeth:

it just seems to safe with the nismo, i wanna be a little differant, may keep the nismo just to make sure i made the right choice

Is that an original Ings?

i dont beleive so, but for what i paid and how well if fits im not complaining, cheers

Sorry mate, didnt mean to cause offence, I was just slightly shocked at the gap on the fitting and would have been suprised if it was an original one as they are known for there spot on fitment. Good that you have a bit of a gap actually as it looks great when its blended in :thumbs:

With Andy on his comment, best style of spoiler on the Zed... IMO of course!

yeah all the wiper ass is removed as is the counter weight, had a bung in it for a month or to now, all that will be smoothed off,

got to the bodyshop today and no-body was there! went to work and foned him at 10.00, in my wisdom ive booked the car in next week.... not this week...what a knob....

so ill have to put stickers over the holes...

what you cant see is that the spoiler is double skinned on the bottom aswell, so after the pics were taken i trimmed the inside of the spoiler out (the base that you wont ever see) and it fits alot better now, atleast with the body shop dates mess up ill be able to do final adjustments on it and send it with the car

Andy ive had a quick read of your thread and admitadly yout spoiler does look the tits smoothed in, what are the issues like about cracking? i was advised never to smooth fibreglass into metal especailly on a boot lid as the vibrations from opens ing closing it would crack it fairly quickly? have you had any issues? did you just back the edges with P38? very interested as i may think **** it and see how it goes...

It has cracked very slightly but a hell of a lot less than my Veilside spoiler did! I mainly used P40 for the bulk of the filling as it is a bit sturdier then used P38 and a lot of wet & drying to get a smooth finish. Even if I do say so myself, I think it looks the nuts smoothed in :blush:

yeah does look good, think id do if if my car was painted satin and i could touch it up easily, slightly unsure now as i was hoping you were gonna say it hasnt cracked lol

as for fit did you mean the gaps around the edges? i only just held it in place to take the pics, but from the photos on google most do have a bit of a gap around the edges like mine?

That is the thing, I can just wet & dry mine back, re-skim it and re-paint it within an hour but having said that, I don't have any bodywork experience, I just learn as I go so it might be worth speaking to your bodyshop and seeing what they say?

yeah does look good, think id do if if my car was painted satin and i could touch it up easily, slightly unsure now as i was hoping you were gonna say it hasnt cracked lol

as for fit did you mean the gaps around the edges? i only just held it in place to take the pics, but from the photos on google most do have a bit of a gap around the edges like mine?

Fits pretty flush on mine... and there was no additional work by the body shop

DSC05183.jpg

DSC05160.jpg

yea compared to yours my gap is massive, your spoiler looks like it comes back further compared to mine?

dunno what ill do then, if i remove the whole base it would fit better and id just use loads if tiger seal on it, ill see