Spacer removal - help!

marzman

Hey All...

Quick one... im removing my spacers and i cant get one of them off! I've removed the nuts so it should just be free to come off, but it wont budge.

I've covered it in wd40 but still no joy... any suggestions?

I last had it off in October, so its not like its been on there for ages!

Help! :blush:

I last had it off in October

:surrender: The forum can help in many areas but not in the above i am afraid :lol:

It may help if you get a block of wood put it against the spacer and give it a gentle tap with a hammer ;)

:surrender: The forum can help in many areas but not in the above i am afraid :lol:

It may help if you get a block of wood put it against the spacer and give it a gentle tap with a hammer ;)

Oh i dont know Dave... what about you and Louie? ;)

Tried the wood and the persuader - no joy.

Oh i dont know Dave... what about you and Louie? ;)

Tried the wood and the persuader - no joy.

Think it depends on how much persuasion you have tried ;) Must be corroded on the hub, this is where a bit of copper grease comes in handy when fitting :)

If you dont need the spacer afterwards try this, get some mole grips and grip them onto the spacer tightly then hit the handle of the grips so it's tightening the spacer if you see what I mean this way the stud will not undo, you only need a slight turn then it should shift.

or try some heat on it being an alloy spacer it will expand quicker than the stud.

At last... i finally managed to get it off (thats for you beavis :lol:)

I bought some 'Shock & Unlock' from Halfords, which on its own didnt work, but with a kettle of hot water it was just enough to get it to move slightly, and then i could lever it off with a screwdriver. I hate stuff like that :angry:

Spacer and hub are both fine too :)

did the wheels fit alright mate?

Hey bud, only just seen this... yes the wheels are on and are fine. Cheers matey :thumbs:

Speedy - the head up display will be off the car and up for sale this weekend - so a few more pics to see.