Strange Noise Appeared Please Help

Golfer01

Hello :thumbs:

Bought myself a face-lift Z GT (2006) 3 weeks ago & I love it :yahoo:

Couple of days ago I noticed 1st to 2ND gear change became tight with a slight snitch into 2ND gear!

The noise sounds like its from the drive shaft the faster I go the louder it gets :headhurt:

(a bit like a rally car accelerating hard you know the whining noise from inside the car)

This is the strange bit it only appears from a cold start :cold: it lasts 5min of normal driving & once the car warms up the car drives perfect & the noise disappears :D

I've had my local garage Rd test & check oil levels in gearbox etc there all fine but he's a little stumped about the noise and its source

The car is high mileage 95k it has a very comprehensive full service history & 1 owner I'm confident no abuse has been handed out to the car

I will of course take it to Nissan for a diagnostic check been quoted £90 :evil:

Typically the manufacturers warranty just expired 15Th Dec don't you just love it when that happens :rant:

If your able to shed some light on my cars problem I will be very grateful for your help

All the best

:thumbs:

Hello :thumbs:

Bought myself a face-lift Z GT (2006) 3 weeks ago ........... The car is high mileage 95k

That's one busy car ............... the owner must have driven it 24/7 :)

Seeing as it's just out of warranty, why don't you try to get Nissan to make an ex gratia contribution to the cost of repair? With a bit of luck they'll supply any parts required and, if you push, they may even contribute to the labour cost.

Oh and :welcome: to 350Z-uk

Thanks for your quick replies & comments :yahoo:

Very happy to have joined the site its all new to me

The previous owner drove up & down motorways all day :drive1 I have to say though the car is in superb condition I couldn't refuse to buy it I saw loads of Zs in poorer condition with half the mileage

I hope this can be a quick fix

Thanks again

:thumbs:

YEAH!!!

A credit to all Zs these cars a fabulous BUT I believe they have to be well maintaned as required mine is a truley great example I cant tell you how well the previous owner took care of it :D

Like you say 100k in 3 yrs what a car drives amazing (when warm :cold:) LOL

Bring on the next 100k :dance:

Sure someone more knowledgable will be along shortly.

95k is nothing in this car though. I have taken mine from 25k to 85k and its still as spot on and smooth as when I got her. The Zed loves to be driven, mine is much happier doing mile on mile every day than when I leave her for a week or two without driving her. 95k in 3yrs is a good 30k-ish a year which isnt a massive amount ;)