HELP!! Alarm Light Rattle

nicktendo64

Hi everyone

ive had a problem in my car for a while now where the little alarm light on the driver side dash will start rattling at random times. sometimes it will rattle for a few minutes, others for an hour or so. i've tried sticking a blob of blu tak on it but doesnt do anything, the sound seems to come from underneath the little cap.

Has anyone else had this problem? or know how i can take it out somehow?

its not major but if any of you can help it would be appreciated.

also my cd player is useless but i see thats a common problem

cheers

nick

Hi Nick,

The noise at the top of the dash is often the heater vents and I know Nissan had to put a few right. Try pressing down on them when the rattle starts and see if they are the issue and not the light. If it is 100% the light its probably that one of the clips are damaged.

I have one as below but if I was you I would try bonding it down but not with anything too strong.

P1020485.jpg

As for the problem with the stereo I fix the Bose units and have a large stock of replacement parts. PM sent :thumbs:

• 3 years later...

Don't imagine the OPs still about to advise on a good course of action for this. Having owned my 04 zed for 8 months I finally tracked the intermittent rattle to the alarm led. The slightest touch of a finger stops it but I don't fancy using blue tac or glue on the dash!

Don't imagine the OPs still about to advise on a good course of action for this. Having owned my 04 zed for 8 months I finally tracked the intermittent rattle to the alarm led. The slightest touch of a finger stops it but I don't fancy using blue tac or glue on the dash!

I recently cured this annoying problem on my 04 Zed -

Try placing a finger on the dash to the left of the led. This also stopped the rattle either placing a finger on the led or dash.

I got some black, firm, foam type packaging and cut it into a narrow long strip. This was then placed between the dash (past the vents) and the bottom of the widscreen near the led and wedged/pushed in further until you couldn't see it. The very bottom of the screen is black so unable to see it from any angle. This worked for me by putting "extra pressure" on the dash and has been great for the 4 months+ I've had it installed.