My New 6

Kev946

Looks real nice. The only one bit I do not like is the boot line, very similar to the 7 series. Everything else looks great.

Is the X19 yours also.

How does it drive compared to the Z.

Yea the X1/9 is mine. 1988 with only 43k miles. Great fun.

Comapred to the Zed, I would say Big but nimble. The major difference is the massive torque. It' really pushes you into the seat in any gear. Oh and the sound track from the V8.... B)

I also love the sport mode. It increase the weight of the steering, sharpens the throttle response, stiffens the suspension and speeds up the grear change etc.

Back in the early nineties the X1/9 was what I really wanted. Thought of it as the predecessor to the MR2 even if by different companies.

Glad you enjoy the Bemmer, did think about swapping my Z for a 535d when everything on the other site was getting SAD when bitter and twisted people pi55 you off. But back to loving the Z now.

Still want to see that cossie round the track, I am at Abingdon on the 11th if you are going past. Have a look at LoT as lots of great people there and lots of days organised.

Steve

Back in the early nineties the X1/9 was what I really wanted. Thought of it as the predecessor to the MR2 even if by different companies.

Glad you enjoy the Bemmer, did think about swapping my Z for a 535d when everything on the other site was getting SAD when bitter and twisted people pi55 you off. But back to loving the Z now.

Still want to see that cossie round the track, I am at Abingdon on the 11th if you are going past. Have a look at LoT as lots of great people there and lots of days organised.

Steve

Don't let anyone put you off the Zed mate. Still a great car.

As for track days, I've been immobilised due to the rear diff needing a rebuild. I've got it back now so need to re-fit. The last track day I did was Donington last October. I'm booked in for the RS Owners Club National Day on August 20th at Donington Park if you fancy a trip. It's £6 to get in but a good day. If you like Fords...:lol: If you do fancy coming let me know.

I do want to get more track days in this year though. I'd love to do Silverstone. That main straight beckons. Would love to see what top speed I could reach there. I run out of track at Donington and only manage 130mph. B)

PS: Thanks Tim.. B)

Kev,

LoT are doing Silverstone full GP on Thurs 2nd Aug.

Will see about the 20th and let you know, may be free, in france @ Croix and Abbeville 3rd and 4th Aug, Abingdon the 11th then 28th @ Bedford.

Ford not my favourite, but after seeing the new Noble on TopGear, my eyes are opening to other things and boy wish I had 75k.

Lovely motor mate!! :D Thats not Piano black interior dash is it?

The sport gets black birch and I've got black Dakota leather with antracite head lining.

Steve - Keep me posted on the track days. I can't do anything before 20th August, but will be looking for a track day in September.

They even let cars other than Lotus join. Think there is now 3 Zed's.

Do not know how many cossie, but have seen a couple M3, CSL and one M5, no 6's

Some old striped 3's.

You will not get any cheaper, anywhere. I also use MSE for airfield days.

LoT even starting proper race series, but will be limited to Elise S1's to restrict the spend -to-win syndrome.

Nice one Kev. She's lookin cool. So any ideas what you are gonna change on her or is it leave alone.

I'm leaving well alone at the moment. I'm very happy with the wheels both style and as they are nice big 19's. I've ordered the Alloy Sports pedals today as the standard ones look a bit old fashioned. I'm also very happy with the exhaust note. It's loud enough to be heard even with the windows up. Seems like they deliberately made it a bit noisy but in a nice deep thunder rumble kind of way. The only other priority is Zaino.

Looking good mate. :thumbs:

I'm amused that you've gone from the very loud yellow Zed with black rims to a very classy, sophisticated look with the Bee Emm. Are you getting old, Kev? :p:p:p

Er..yes...:lol:

But I always believe you should choose a colour that suits the car. Also, have you seen the choice of colours for a 6... :surrender:

Looking good mate. :thumbs:

I'm amused that you've gone from the very loud yellow Zed with black rims to a very classy, sophisticated look with the Bee Emm. Are you getting old, Kev? :p:p:p

Er..yes...:lol:

But I always believe you should choose a colour that suits the car. Also, have you seen the choice of colours for a 6... :surrender:

Very few or just crap? I couldn't believe BMW's early press M6's were metallic maroon and the first Z4M coupe I saw in the mags seemed to be mettalic beige.... :yuck: