K1 fitted today - now what?

SunGodRA

Had my K1 fitted today - sounds awesome!

However, the fitter did say my Y-pipe was blowing bad - he has done a temporary bodge/fix for now. In retrospect, I should have bought a new Y-pipe at the same time to replace stock, but didnt think it necessary. Is there much of a benefit getting the Japspeed Y-pipe over stock? - And while I am at it, is it worth replacing OEM CATS?

I have read through many post tonight and whilst De-Cat seems the cheaper option, it also can mean more hassle MOT time and also a drop in torque (although this is aparrantly disputable on here??) It looks like High Flow Cats are the way to go...

Ignoring any ECU resets, what gains could I expect from 1/ Japspeed Y-Pipe 2/ HFC?

In order to save £££ in fitting - if I'm going to get a new Y-Pipe, possibly new HFC - is it worth looking at manifold as well?? - what gains could I get from a new manifold?

Obviously costs are now escalating, and I'm starting to scare myself how much this will cost me, but I look forward to any recommendations (with corresponding gains and costs) you can advise on.

Thanks in advance, Dave (couldn't find a smilie for 'looks for scissors to cut up credit card!')

edit - I say ignore ECU reset, because I have a 2002 JDM, and apparently they dont auto reset any gains (still needs confirming)

i'd love to do manifolds on mine, but its a big job and would definetly push your costs up.

i've done mine bit by bit.

did the exhaust now doing HFC's

no one said you have to do it all at once. :lol:

okay - so if I do y-pipe next (japspeed) - what do u recommend for HFC's?

I have an 02 jdm with K2, hi flow cats and a japspeed Y pipe. Sounds brilliant not loud around town so not chavvy but has some bass when you put in the revs between 2-3k anything over that sounds ferrariesk. None of the k2's I have heard sound this good but none of them had the Y or hi flow cats. It seems to pull better and feels more responsive but it could be a placebo because of the sound. For the sound alone its worth it. :thumbs:

In terms of restriction, IMO you have replaced one of the least restrictive parts of the exhaust by fitting the K1.

For me in terms of benefit, they are :

1. High Flow CAT's

2. Manifolds

3. Y-Pipe

4. Rest of exhaust

The K1 also does not have a very large bore so isnt the best to make the benefit of high flows or a mani.

I have the Berk HFC on mine, they are very good, and give a very raspy sound (which i like but not all will)

If you can stomach the labour cost, get it all done, mani's HFC and Y-pipe. I have manifolds, but they are not fitted yet.