Centre console….

speedy

Has anyone tried to mod this to hold a phone or iPod? I am thinking of getting of the ash tray and moving the hazard button to underneath the dials (like the later models). The trying a holder or two side by side or one in front of the other and maybe a power source…

i dont see why it wouldnt be possible. you would have to make some kind of insert for it. or maybe mould it into the unit and then refinish the whole thing?

something like this but built in?

CT-IPODCRADLE.jpg

What is that? I was thinking of using an cradle that is adjustable - for when i change phones etc...but not sure if that would look a little crap...

Also how would you go about re finishing the console?

i dont see why it wouldnt be possible. you would have to make some kind of insert for it. or maybe mould it into the unit and then refinish the whole thing?

something like this but built in?

CT-IPODCRADLE.jpg

What is that? I was thinking of using an cradle that is adjustable - for when i change phones etc...but not sure if that would look a little crap...

Also how would you go about re finishing the console?

dunno, i just googled ipod cradle and that was the first flat cradle i saw, looking at it now it doesnt look very ipodish :lol:

as for refinishing the console, its up to you what look your after. you could cover it in leather, alcantara, flock it, sand it down and paint it. the worlds your oyster ;)

Well I thought for one it would be different and two there is no where to put your phone. I don’t really need the iPod connection as I am getting a nurrish system, but thought it would be useful. I have got fed up of trying to find my phone and with the nurrish system taking up the only useful storage, where would I put it? I don’t like the cradle the screw in or fix to air vents.

So I would remove the ash try and hazzed light switch. Then cut a little of the console away. I am planning I making up fibre glass box, which I was then fix to the underneath of the console with more fibre glass…I think this would work but I don’t know how I would finish it and blend it in? thoughts?