JWT Clutch/Flywheel package................

Baptist

Sorry Dorian, I do find some of your posts hard to read, but think I catch your drift.

;)

Just a case of trial and error, really. Unchartered territory the whole thing that Im doing, so we'll just have to suck it and see.

Good luck - let me know how you get on. Was on the verge of purchasing the JWT pair but now not so sure.

Right, just got the word back on this. Am getting nothing.

This is from the man himself, Mr. Wolf.

"Ben passed this on to me. I have seen this support tab break on clutches before due to over extending the diaphragm movement. We have completely eliminated these clips on the currant pressure plates since we use extra heavy torque straps that make them unnecessary and are one less thing to break. I can't see in the pictures if all or only one of the three tabs gone, but he can remove the other 2 tabs and it will work fine without them (like our current pressure plate). If he needs any more info on this let us know."

Im not happy it going back in, apart from the plate being knackered, its totally shagged.

Not impressed one bit.

Substandard to the extreme.

Guest prescience

Not much luck there mate. IIRC your Kinetix cats split and almost immediately they changed the design to remove some bits (bracket) - sense a pattern developing here.

Ever considered a career as a Beta-tester for Microsoft :p

Not much luck there mate. IIRC your Kinetix cats split and almost immediately they changed the design to remove some bits (bracket) - sense a pattern developing here.

Actually did some beta testing for the original XBox live, as it goes!! LOL

Never got annoyed at free products though.

Not good enough, that metal could have done alot of damage, and has done some. Also, Im not confident that it would last any amount of time, especially with what is planned for the car.

Hate the way most of these companies revel in good press on the boards, but wont do f*ck all for you when it all goes wrong. Seeing a pattern forming in this industry for that. :rant:

At least some money back would have been nice.

Guest prescience

Not good enough, that metal could have done alot of damage, and has done some. Also, Im not confident that it would last any amount of time, especially with what is planned for the car.

Hate the way most of these companies revel in good press on the boards, but wont do f*ck all for you when it all goes wrong. Seeing a pattern forming in this industry for that. :rant:

As I remember, Kinetix did sort you out and in terms of US customer service for UK customers, I guess that's the exception that proves the rule.

Oh and, how is Goldilocks these days :lol:

Obviously Mr Wolf has never seen the size of you :scare:

Haha, have we met, Liam??

Tell you what, no way I'd let him nick my porridge!

Lol

Spoke briefly @ JAE....

I'd post up on my350z, soon loose more than a new clutch/ flywheel in custom from the yanks!!!

Right enough, Dor, Kinetix were absolutely ace with the customer service side of things.

Have posted on My350z but cant host pics, so nobody is interested.

Really am not happy about this. But to be honest, Im finding this pretty typical of Performance Nissan as well. My JIC Y pipe split, and they did nothing about that as well.

:angry:

Guest prescience

I struggle with how JWT (forget the supplier for the sake of this) can defend their position).

They have changed the design to effectively 'remove' bits, so when they designed it originally they believed those bits were needed, nobody designs 'in' bits for the fun of it do they.

Why have they changed the design? Well, because they must have experienced failures of precisely the type you describe which they investigated and thus discovered the original design was flawed and has been changed.

Given all that, how they cannot re-imburse you (at least to some extent) seems extraordinary and a decent lawyer would pull them apart

I know, rubbish isnt it.

Not sure what to do, nightmare with them being in the US.

Even if the damage is only cosmetic due to the alignment clips having broken off, its still damaged my parts to some extent. My mechanic aint happy putting it back in, thats for sure.

So sick of battling with these companies when parts go wrong, its such hard work.

that's what I don't like about my350z.com for example. as soon as you have a bad experience with one of these "major players" they tend to either bully you with their sponsored friends (ie you get free products you better back me up, sort of attitude) or simply ask to have the bad comment removed as they maybe are site sponsors or similar. that's utter crap :angry:

Guest prescience

If it were me, I would probably not waste time trying to pursue it over officially there - I take the view that it would cause me more grief than it would achieve. I would create a stink on all the forums, as I have no doubt you are.

Just leaves a bad taste, that the bas^ards have had one over on you though I'm sure :angry:

how long since you bought it? normally if you call your CC company, you could get some money back since the part wasnt fit for purpose and they charge it back to performance nissan? that's how I got half money back for my US spoiler

Guest prescience

Its a decent idea but I feel he might struggle given that it had covered 6000 miles (some of which no doubt in a broken state though). Couple that with stock clutches having failed in that type of mileage and the only avenue would be to see what claims JWT make for its performance (absolute or relative to stock, whatever)

Val, I agree entirely with what you've said with that statement, they just bully you out or ban you.

I wont get anywhere with this, but at least you lot know the crack with it.

:thumbs: and thanks for letting us know mate! I will get a clutch to match my Fidanza flywheel sooner or later and up to now the JWT was one of my favourites

@*!# customer service with Jim Wolf, do they not realise that I am not a tester for their products, I paid money for a working product, not something that wasnt going to last 5 minutes, so they could modify it to suit problems that occured. Im going to get this over on the US boards and see what happens.

Sick of these cowboys ripping people off.