JWT Clutch/Flywheel package................

Baptist

I thought i posted it in the public forum???

I cant get to my image hosting site from work, and this board tells me that Im at my 2mb limit.

Anyone fancy hosting some pics?

You have, it's maybe cos Jacko isn't registered on there

Guest prescience

Wow nasty :scare: Who did the install? Only issue I've heard of with these is backing out the bolts if not anaerobically sealed - at the power levels in question anyway

Nowt wrong with the install, was done by the fella who did my supercharger, wont find a better mechanic than him. Apparently this aint the first time the clips have come away on this setup. They are just their for the manufacturers when they align the unit, they dont get touched during the install.

Bolts were fine.

The disc is cut to ribbons, not man enough for the power Im going to be at, nevermind what I was running. Really dissapointed by it.

Nowt wrong with the install, was done by the fella who did my supercharger, wont find a better mechanic than him. Apparently this aint the first time the clips have come away on this setup. They are just their for the manufacturers when they align the unit, they dont get touched during the install.

Bolts were fine.

The disc is cut to ribbons, not man enough for the power Im going to be at, nevermind what I was running. Really dissapointed by it.

Thats crappy! ...... do you get any warranty with it? You got some comeback or is it money down the drain? Mind you, you probably gotta have lots of arguments with them in the mean time..... :thumbdown:

Oh fook mate,,, bet your gutted!!! When did this happen???

Stephen Grant, sorry but I'm not buying your DVD now :blush:

ha ha, OK, looks like the DVD money has to go to an either more expensive c/fw package, so even *more* reason to buy it :)

Guest prescience

Why better - similarly to JWT set-up there is no experience here. Granted it can't be worse

Any theories that a cr&p install has created ancilliary issues - ie that huge dip in your power band?

Sharif assures me it will be better, its going to be stiffer, but is designed to hold alot more power than the JWT. I have friends with different cars running the RPS 6 Puck and they really rate them, very firm pedal feel, but good performance.

Huge dip in the power band was a problem created by another installer, im afraid. A busted vac hose to the boost control solenoid. But thats another story entirely. :angry:

Guest prescience
Sharif assures me it will be better, its going to be stiffer, but is designed to hold alot more power than the JWT. I have friends with different cars running the RPS 6 Puck and they really rate them, very firm pedal feel, but good performance.

Huge dip in the power band was a problem created by another installer, im afraid. A busted vac hose to the boost control solenoid. But thats another story entirely. :angry:

Yeah I realise that - was just musing that such a dip might have an effect on the continuity of torque through the clutch - still if you're off boost should be same anyways.

I would in no way use a proven package on another car on the 350Z simply because there is no cross-pollination of quality IMO - that seems a false approach. On the other side, how does one proceed give no history of service/usage, if as you intimate, a popular option in the US has proved so inadequate here in the UK/Euro

Sorry Dorian, I do find some of your posts hard to read, but think I catch your drift.

;)

Just a case of trial and error, really. Unchartered territory the whole thing that Im doing, so we'll just have to suck it and see.