PS3 laser replacement

andlid

Anyone had to do that? Think I fried mine a while back just tried the 'clean lens procedure' and that made feck all difference so now I've ordered a new laser pack online... was thinking that I'd try out MW2 on it but since I tried it yesterday and was hopelessly crap I ordered it for PC instead... just to remember I no longer own a good gamer PC :headhurt: I'll see what I can find in the closet :teeth:

So anyone out there had the laser problem?

A. :surrender:

Typical after reading this my ps3 wont play games or films :angry: Seems like i may have to strip it down, which looks pretty straight forward, and clean the lens. If that doesn't work, the best price i've seen for a replacement laser, is a shop from Hong Kong for £39.99 on the dreaded Ebay. Anyone know of a less risky purchase nearer to home?

http://www.virtualvillage.co.uk/kes-410-ps3-replacement-blue-ray-laser-lens-007301-007.html £47

http://www.hanger.org.uk/h/hangershop/categories/PS3/

obviously paying a little more but these seem to be from the uk. mind you will need to open it up to see what laser you need.

Thanks for the link Kobi, the "hanger" site is really good. I need the kes 400a version and its a good price for £44.99.

Also the dualshock controller is cheap from there only £26.99 :thumbs:

I've got my PS3 all stripped down and giving the lens a good clean. Its amazing how much dust and fluff has accumalated inside the console over the past 2 1/2 yrs, gonna give it a bit of a delicate vacuum as well before it goes back together.

Lets hope it works otherwise a new laser is next on the list :headhurt:

Its not that difficult to take apart and now i know the model number of the laser if i need it.

I'll keep you updated, fingers crossed :sweat:

oh thats not good where you get it from mate??

Consolewerks <<< I ordered it from, think they haven't shipped it yet but you never know. If I dont hear anything tomorrow I think I'll cancel the order and order from one of the other links here (cheaper anyway)

:surrender:

B) got it in the post today, bad me for doubting consoleworks in the first place! was the caddy type and all, ended up taking the laser module out of it though to much hassle trying to get the whole thing off :surrender: working sweet, spent the last two hours playing army of two :thumbs:

Fitted the new laser today and now i have a slight problem :doh:

I don't know how it happened but the very thin red and black cables have detached themselves (snapped off) from the yellow male plug, and the whole thing is so small i cant even fix it. :surrender: Just scoured the internet and found the part (which is called CP03034 2pin cable for the ps3 dvd drive) only problem apart from the fact that you can only buy it with the little circuit board attached :wacko: why i do not know, its direct from the manufacturer in china and i can only buy in bulk, so Mr Jay Wang informs me. 8 US dollar per cable and a minimum order of 20 pcs. $160 plus $39 for postage. Then of course the custom charges :thumbdown:

In short unless i can get hold of this cable from a dealer in this country for a lot less than that, i may well be scrapping my PS3 and buying a new one on top of the other two PS3's i'm buying our boys for xmas. Where's a lotto win when you need it? :bang: