charlie_dw

Guest prescience
Go on then budgie balls :p

I'll bite then, what does that mean?

ps I might bite back

yes I'm wondering too?

Here t'is courtesy of Valerio

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86

BTW, chaps I have lost my edit button :thumbdown: is this a warranty-website issue? Please correct my 'speaking' mistake above before I smash the screen in

eh?

didnt think there was an edit facility in thr technical section dorian !!

Excuse me asking, but how the fook did you know that - cos I didn't (trial and error?)

Intuition dorian.... :teeth:

Back on topic...

Does anyone have a copy of the email that Chesterfield refers to in a previous thread? Text from thread copied below...

"I think I have an email at home somewhere from BOSE that admit to a fault being rectified on newer manufactured units - if I can find it Ill forward it to you - it may help in justifying a brand new unit and not simply a refurb."

It would be great to have this as ammunition when I go to the dealer.

Thanks

I had the problem descibed happen to my stereo. The dealership took the whole system out and left me with no system for about a month, just a whacking great hole in the dash. They kept my CDs for a further month.

But they did it all under warranty........ which was nice :D

See I wasn't wrong Liam :bleh:

Back on topic...

Does anyone have a copy of the email that Chesterfield refers to in a previous thread? Text from thread copied below...

"I think I have an email at home somewhere from BOSE that admit to a fault being rectified on newer manufactured units - if I can find it Ill forward it to you - it may help in justifying a brand new unit and not simply a refurb."

It would be great to have this as ammunition when I go to the dealer.

Thanks

some stuff here

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... e+warranty

I had the problem descibed happen to my stereo. The dealership took the whole system out and left me with no system for about a month, just a whacking great hole in the dash. They kept my CDs for a further month.

But they did it all under warranty........ which was nice :D

See I wasn't wrong Liam :bleh:

I wasn't arguing with you Mike :dry: I previously stated

"I never said "Ridiculous" meaning you Mike Try looking outside the box mate!!!"

obviously this explanation still wasn't clear enough for you so I'll try again...

That is ridiculous customer service from a Nissan dealership and should not be accepted!!!

If I wanted to call you a liar I would of said Mike your a lying *******

Charlie, don't be suprised if you get another recon unit.

I am on my 3rd replacement head unit (Wessex Cardiff have "never heard" of the skipping Bose or intermittent left channel speaker problems) and each time they say its fixed this time.

Get them to take out the unit, write down the code (assuming they can write of course) and request a warranty replacement. Certainly don't let them take the unit out permanently, it could be months, especially if they have never come accross this before.........

Mine goes back in tomorrow to get my replacement from Clarion. The reason for the wait (according to my dealer) is Clarion expect a replacement unit within a few days of sending the other one, or the dealer gets billed 700 Euros for it. This way, they make sure they don't get stung by people not returning (can't think WHY you wouldn't though!!). Anyway, mine will go back in tomorrow and I can update ya'll then.

BTW, when I told my dealer over the phone about the problem they ordered on there and then as the car was booked in anyway. They said it was a known problem and there was no point waiting. So if yours 'hasn't heard of it', then you can always invite them to call Dan Perkins in Slough. Not that any of this defends having to drive around with just the sound of a 3.5 litre V6 as the sounds track....... :p

And for the record, the output from the unit is pony, so if you want to get round the problem once and for all and get a better sound too, replace the head unit for a double din Sony or Pioneer item, or better yet get yourself a nice Alpine player with EQ in top.......!! :teeth: