Hey Mechy Engineer apprentice newbie

Ashey

without sounding rude, have you looked at other cars as well, 4 years seems an awefully long time to save up, was just thinknig you could start having fun in something sooner for less money. a lot of us worked up to the zed and had some craking cars which are just as good fun.

as an example i had an MR2 roadster, mid engine, rear wheel drive, uk cars had LSD's half the power of the zed but also about half the weight as well. and you could do a turbo conversion on it for about £2.5k and push nearly 300bhp with out major reworking to the engine. mods were cheap as a basic car it wasn't a bad shape but with a kit on the roadster it could look very mean. i'll post up a pic of my old one if your interested. you can pick one up easily for less than £4k and they are awesome fun to drive.

i suggested this as i feel bad that your not having some rear wheel action yet, and i'm sure others might have suggestions

without sounding rude, have you looked at other cars as well, 4 years seems an awefully long time to save up, was just thinknig you could start having fun in something sooner for less money. a lot of us worked up to the zed and had some craking cars which are just as good fun.

as an example i had an MR2 roadster, mid engine, rear wheel drive, uk cars had LSD's half the power of the zed but also about half the weight as well. and you could do a turbo conversion on it for about £2.5k and push nearly 300bhp with out major reworking to the engine. mods were cheap as a basic car it wasn't a bad shape but with a kit on the roadster it could look very mean. i'll post up a pic of my old one if your interested. you can pick one up easily for less than £4k and they are awesome fun to drive.

i suggested this as i feel bad that your not having some rear wheel action yet, and i'm sure others might have suggestions

good plan, its always safer to start with some front wheel action though :lol:

FWD is for old ladies but if you have to go that way i can highly reccomend the 306 GTi6 another one of my previous cars and you can pick them up for pennies these days. 167 bhp 6 speed box bit of a sleeper car, very suttle but a fantastic B road weapon. very light, and if you were inclined you can drop an M16 engine in.

Hey, umm yeah i have been thinking about a ep3, clio 182 etc but i am in my 2nd year at the mo with work only 2 years left until i qualify :D which isn't that long to wait i'll be 21 then and would be able to get insured on a Z. Also the car i use at the moment is nice enough for me its a 2004 clio 1.2 16v sounds boring but its cheap, good on petrol and not bad looking to. i don't mind being stuck with it as i only really go from work and back, to the mrs etc, i think the 2 years maybe 3 years wait is deffinately worth it as ive always liked the Z and having cars inbetween seems a bit of a waste of cash as i still would want that 350z.