Airbag error in Drivers seat

M13KYF

A month ago the Z started with a flashing airbag llight warning. Tried the reset and it work for a couple of times.

After while the reset stopped working. Took it in to L&G. There electrician hooked it up to the computer and reset it. Error came back.

Car was in for a service yesterday so while iot was in had some more investigation work carried out. They took the seat out, check all the connectors. Still no joy. They said they could hard wire the airbag but the electrician was 99% sure that it was the airbag module at fault.

After a chat with R35LEE today he's not heard of the airbag module failing and points more to the wiring. To swap the module its a bit of a job involving unpicking the stitching on the leather seat to get at the module.

Anyone else heard or had the same issue?

I had a similar problem and couldn't reset it with a normal ecu reset

however this helped me clear the problem

1.) First I open my door and use that as a timer.

2.) Turn my car into the on position wait for the airbag light to come on.

3.) Turn key to off position. When the airbag light starts to blink . You will hear the beeping sound from your door being open. Count 10 beeps and follow the same steps as number 2.) For 4 times it should go off.

I had a similar problem and couldn't reset it with a normal ecu reset

however this helped me clear the problem

1.) First I open my door and use that as a timer.

2.) Turn my car into the on position wait for the airbag light to come on.

3.) Turn key to off position. When the airbag light starts to blink . You will hear the beeping sound from your door being open. Count 10 beeps and follow the same steps as number 2.) For 4 times it should go off.

sounds very similar to the airbag reset procedure posted

1. Turn ignition switch from OFF to ON.

2. Air Bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, then turn ignition switch OFF within 1 second after the lamp turn off.

3. After ignition switch is turned OFF, wait for more than 3 seconds.

4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 twice. (Perform 3 times in total.)

5. Turn Ignition switch ON.

6. The SRS lamp has been reset it.

its in the seat not the steering wheel one.

Luckily Lee (R35LEE) has a seat airbag unit. Easy to remove as the leather seat covers at the back are zipped he found out. Lee is sending me one down so will test it out to see if it cures the fault.

Thanks Lee, really helped me out on this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Well after a airbag and a seat back sent from Lee. They managed to spot where the fault lied. The loom in the seat back was getting crushed against the frame and had broken the wire internally. A simple cut and resolder, job sorted.

So luckily no parts required in the end but I would like to thanks Lee and Alex for their advice and help.