Anyone had these problems with their Zed?

Conrad

Oh dear, so my beloved Zed becomes sicker by the day! :byebye:

I'm not sure if these are commoin faults or easy fixes but my 350 has the following problems, listed in chronological order in case any are related...

1. When I start the car from cold I get a loud whirring noise from I'm guessing either the gearbox or clutch. I can't hear it a tick over, I think from when I dip the clutch, perhaps at biting point? It lasts for all of 5 or 10 seconds so it's hard to determine exactly where it comes from or what causes it! Vague I know :D

2. My passenger side window only works sometimes. Mostly it just clicks when I try to open it!

3. My ESP warning light and 'Car sliding'? symbol is now permanently on. At first it just randomly flashed every so often then it appeared more and more, now it's stuck on and the manual switch under the steering wheel has no affect on it.

4. My airbag light is now flashing! :blackeye:

5. I have a warning light on the dash, the little red exclamation mark.

Apart from the steaming pile of turd that is the Bose stereo that is pretty much it. Despite what you may be thinking I do look after it I promise. It's just bit by bit I find myself falling out of love with my car. Have I been really unlucky or is the Zed really that unreliable? :blink:

Well the window is a common problem and easily fixed yourself. Use the search button at the top right or the FAQ section on how to do it.

In relation to the ESP light have you changed the wheels or/and tyres recently?

The airbag light is probably due to the sensor under the seat, i had this on my BMW and it just needed reconnecting properly, so thats what im guessing that could be.

The sound at start up i have heard someone talk about on here before but i cant remember what it was :bangin: Im sure someone on here more technical will be along shortly.

search for ECU reset, it will tell yuo how to reset and get the code at the same time.

sounds like the wheels aren't the correct size and sending the traction control into a spassy.

what are the wheel sizes 19" ?

what do the tyres say on them 275/35/19? for example. front and rear should be different fronts should be narrower. maybe a case of new tyres to set it up right. what are the wheels?

search for ECU reset, it will tell yuo how to reset and get the code at the same time.

sounds like the wheels aren't the correct size and sending the traction control into a spassy.

what are the wheel sizes 19" ?

what do the tyres say on them 275/35/19? for example. front and rear should be different fronts should be narrower. maybe a case of new tyres to set it up right. what are the wheels?

Cheers dude.

Yeah they're 19", not sure on correct name for them but they're made by Zito?? Not well known anyway I think...

That said I do think they are wider on the back than the front, will check in the morning when it's light/dry and double check...

Pic of the wheels in case anyone knows the wheels/the car:

P1030362.jpg