National Meet?

Sarnie

Guest prescience
I think I speak on behalf of many of the less vocal and more chilled 350z fans at this point when I say...

oh ffs!

Usually best to speak for yourself ;)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I speak on behalf of many of the less vocal and more chilled 350z fans at this point when I say...

oh ffs!

I know, sorry :blush:

I just thought this would be an opportunity to have a great meet with the pottential of having as many 350Z owners there as possible.

I normally don't have to much to say on these sort of things.

Not enough time,life to short and all that bo***X

But Sarnie had a good idea here and appeared to be getting a positive

response.

Then someone comes along and churns up all the old @*!#.

It surely is quite simple,if someone organises a national meet

and you don't want to go,because someone might be there that you

don't like. DON'T GO THEN!

I normally don't have to much to say on these sort of things.

Not enough time,life to short and all that bo***X

But Sarnie had a good idea here and appeared to be getting a positive

response.

Then someone comes along and churns up all the old @*!#.

It surely is quite simple,if someone organises a national meet

and you don't want to go,because someone might be there that you

don't like. DON'T GO THEN!

WELL SAID THAT MAN :thumbs:

Yes, as far as I know!

Think i'll recover 60% of membership fee just from this 1 event :teeth:

Like with most "members" clubs there are benefits that non members won't get.

we all get the benefits on here though ! B)

Not quite the same IMHO. I'm a member here and haven't received any tickets to any events!

The response on the OC has been as positive as it is here, just need someone to organise it ;)

As Sarnie seems to be volunteering :thumbs:

Not quite the same IMHO. I'm a member here and haven't received any tickets to any events!

Then perhaps you should have taken advantage of the free ones that were given out to people back in April for a track day show. :teeth:

Of course there will always be events that people would preferr over others, and no club in the world will be able to offer discounted rates for every single event. So we try and do what is best for the members.

We did hand out £300 worth of T-shirts to our members this last weekend, but if its other tickets that float peoples boats - Ill have to see what can be done here.

There is always the opportunity of suggesting what you would like to see offered to members, perhaps if there is enough interest in certain events, there is the possibility of seing what can be arranged.

I dont attend that many events, so my finger is not on the pulse regarding these matters - let me know what the most popular events are, and I shall try my hardest to sort things out for the members - cant say fairer than that.

...it does appear that any attempt to bring the communities together, even for the sake of one meeting a year, is going to be a one way street with all the action on our part.

:thumbs:

Hello peeps - Mr Chubbs here!

I don't get much time to visit this forum, being too busy making a nuisance of myself elsewhere, but obviously this topic has aroused my interest.

As a Mod on the other site, I take exception to the above comment - If you visited the Owners Club site it could not escape your attention Chesterfield that the first 2 replies to Sarnie's suggestion were from Moderators on the other site, one of whom is a Committee Member and the other one was me!

http://forums.DELETED.com/inde ... topic=5752

Both of our responses were positive and encouraging and pre-dated your remark that I have quoted above. However they did express concern that any proposal for a joint meet should have regard for the sensitivities of those people who have put in a great deal of time and effort organising the OC National Meet (not me, I hasten to add). Fair enough, woudn't you agree?

I'm sure that you and other older members also remember that the idea of a National Meet was discussed for ages on the old site (the one that morphed into the OC at the start of the year). Nobody on the old site got their act together to organise it and it was with delight that we learned that a handful of committee members had taken on the challenge a few months ago. So the National Meet is the natural and welcomed culmination of an idea that Veilside Z and the other original members had some years ago.

As for the future - and I'm NOT speaking for anyone but myself here - I too would LOVE to see a giant meet of a hundred or more Zeds in convoy and I would be one of the first to sign up for it, so please don't cast aspersions on us and misrepresent us over at the OC. For our part we have taken as much action as you (ie posted on a website!!!!) - and in Sarnie's thread over there, we're not slagging you off.

Would love to read the responses Slim, and would love to help out arrange a combined meet if possible, but as I cant acess the OC it makes both options a little difficult. (perhaps that could have been addressed before attempting to publicly berate me?)

As for the idea being put forward before - no I dont remember this, as I was only a member of the old site for 2 weeks before it changed/morphed.

But the main point is that I agree, it would be good to have a truly national meet, with as many Z's as possible, but until someone over on the OC either re-instates my account so I can contribute, or contacts me via PM or email - I cant do a dman thing toward helping out acheive that.

As Sunny says though, lets stick to a national meet thread. perhaps we can see a show of names on this thread, just to see who would attand such a meeting?

Can we have the location, dates and times added tothe top of a list of names?

Ill kick it off with my name (cut and paste the list of names and some kind soul add the dates and times to the top :) )

1: Chesterfield

put me down :teeth:

slim, we did have a national meet in september 2004 (or was it 2005?) on the old forum, at billing, but weather was shite but I enjoyed the weekend actually. You weren't around :)

so what you are saying basically is that because the organiser(s) have spent much time sorting this out (PS we all get discounts on tickets for the D1 events if we go as clubs... tickets are iro £10 iirc with club discounts) then it's not possible to try and put an end to this bickering by organising a true 350Z UK National meet?

I remember offering FREE tickets to the trackday show (worth £10 each) on here, an only very few people wanted them...

Also, a free polo shirt just for turning up on our stand @ JAE worth over £10, the free MotorMax competition (worth £25), might it be you are not here often enough to use all these opportunities? ;):)

:yawn:

Thought this was a National Meet Thread ;)

Suggestion for Venue put forward on OC (by Steve P15)

The Imperial War Museum. Duxford.

This venue is extremely easy to get to as it sits right along side the M11.

I appreciate that this is not 'central' but no matter where the venue is it will not be suitable to all.

Suggestion for Venue put forward on OC (by Steve P15)

The Imperial War Museum. Duxford.

This venue is extremely easy to get to as it sits right along side the M11.

I appreciate that this is not 'central' but no matter where the venue is it will not be suitable to all.

thanks for the update Gaz. I'll take a look later and see where the hell that is! B)

I'll be coming to any national Zed day, the more the merrier! :thumbs: