Sarnie

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He started it :boxing:

And this was my (very sensible) thread he was crashing :p

yep sorry sarnie , just cant resist those cheap shots ;)

but yes.., would be good to have a grand gathering of cars and owners :)

I'll get you some other time ;):lol:

I for one is in favour of co-existing with the OC, as we offer different view points and share the same interests, if their members want to join us as well its freedom of chose, we are here to stay and grow bigger we will use our size to match discounts of other sites, I still think with our growth to date we will still be the biggest Zed resource on the net in 18 months.

I once said we will start something here that others will carry on with and it’s not about individuals who run sites, both here and the OC.

The only question is will the OC recognise us officially!!!!! I hope so !

We have to be careful not to take it too far though, as it would just end up being a "mini JAE" if that happened the obvious question of "whats the point?" would be raised.

If the numbers were large enough - a 350Z meet only would be good, though expansion to a "Z" meet may be an option.

As this meet has been suggested by another site though, its not for us to dictate or indeed suggest what should and shouldn't be.

If an invitation is thrown our way, perhaps we can really help get this one off the ground, though my inbox remains remarkably quiet.

:tumbleweed:

If it remains so, then perhaps we just go ahead and arrange our own and throw the invitations the other way? There certainly seems enough interest.

If you bill it as a 350Z meet but say any other Z's are welcome I very much doubt we would be inundated with them. I imagine quite a few of them would be sniffy about mixing with the 350's. Your call though! :)

I do agree that we give the OC a chance to invite us and if not we organise our own.

Any suggestions on a suitable venue?

You're a brave man posting that Sarnie, even in the current post-JAE glasnost! Just you wait until Mark gets back from driving his new motor... ;)

Seriously, unless someone over here (or you Sarnie) does it I can't see it happening - I think the OC will stick to their members-only plan as it supports them charging a membership fee.

I noticed the Z Club have invited us to their do which is jolly nice of them and a bit of a coincidence! :) I think I'm probably in sunny Majorca then but if not I'll try to make that one.

You're a brave man posting that Sarnie, even in the current post-JAE glasnost! Just you wait until Mark gets back from driving his new motor... ;)

Seriously, unless someone over here (or you Sarnie) does it I can't see it happening - I think the OC will stick to their members-only plan as it supports them charging a membership fee.

I noticed the Z Club have invited us to their do which is jolly nice of them and a bit of a coincidence! :) I think I'm probably in sunny Majorca then but if not I'll try to make that one.

Its worth a try surely :thumbs:

I don't want to impinge on their own meet, just mooting the idea of a joint meet :yahoo:

Think this is a brilliant idea.

Did wonder what it would of looked like at JAE if the 40 Zeds had been all together B)

However, the meet being organised is for Members only as it is subsidised by the OC.

So maybe another date needs to be considered. Still think it's a brill idea tho.

Gaz

p.s. how do i change my name to "GAZ 350" just to keep Val happy ;)

Think this is a brilliant idea.

Did wonder what it would of looked like at JAE if the 40 Zeds had been all together B)

However, the meet being organised is for Members only as it is subsidised by the OC.

So maybe another date needs to be considered. Still think it's a brill idea tho.

Gaz

p.s. how do i change my name to "GAZ 350" just to keep Val happy ;)

My point exactly! It does not need to interfere with any events already arranged by the OC, I'm talking about something separate we can all attend, TOGETHER :thumbs:

Guest prescience

The National Meet will be a focus event for the OC I'm sure. When do the members there go into the diary room for nominations BTW? Isn't that October or something - it could be all change :)

I would love to comment over there and discuss any pottential bringing together of the two clubs (or more) for a joint event, but apparently my account has been suspended.

The last post I made when my account was something along the lines of:

"I think you can take censorship to far" (referring to the map on which our club name was deleted)

It now appears that any communication with myself here seems to be non-existent from the powers that be at the OC. Doubtless myself or this community will be cast as the troublemakers yet again.

If anyone else does have any success in building this bridge, do let me know - but it does appear that any attempt to bring the communities together, even for the sake of one meeting a year, is going to be a one way street with all the action on our part.

Anyone on either "side" who has an opinion or suggestion on what more we can do here to try and build bridges, please feel free to contact me.

After speaking to lots of people at JAE from all sorts of clubs, the one common thing that spoils their enjoyment is any kind of unfriendly rivalry. Of course there will always be more than one club, but there are no reasons why they can't get on.

We have made every effort now to try and build bridges for the sake of this meet and the pottential of bringing the clubs together if evenfor just one day.

My inbox remains devoid of content on this matter.

I shall leave people to make up their own mind who is being bloody minded, and who is trying to act in the best interests of the owners.

I can see that one complication may be that this is open to paying members at the OC, therefor using membership fees for a meet where non paying members, and those of other clubs can attend may be frowned upon by those who have paid money.

As we have no such complications to deal with, perhaps we can arrange another "National Meet" of our own, and pass invitations out from ours - if we cant build a bridge here to get the whole community together for a meet, then lets start a brand new bridge.

On a side note, it is very nice to see the Z club invite us to their meet, indeed what a fine example of "rival" clubs working together for the sake of all owners if just for a single day. Ill be going if Im not away on holiday that weekend. :thumbs:

The business of the National Meet being funded by the OC for payed up members only is a bit weird to me. They invited non paying members to come and join them on at JAE. Aren't they just building walls between themselves.

I really dont know - and I really dont want to speculate about the inner workings of another community.

It certainly seems though that no bridges will be built here, so perhaps we could start suggesting dates and venues for our own "National Meet". Once decided, we can then offer invitations the other way if we wish - someone has to make the first move toward a true National meet for 350Z owners, regardless of what site (if any) they are members of.

As we are a 100% free community, then perhaps we have fewer obstacles to overcome in order to offer something to all owners? I dont know?

I just like the idea of as many Z's in one place as possible - any meets organiser want to take the lead - or have I just made a rod for my own back? LOL. :p