Sprint day - in the zed?

marzman

Hey guys,

As i've mentioned briefly before, im interested in getting into sprint racing either next year, or more realistically, 2011. This involves timed sprints along a short track, in a competitive format but only 1 car on track at a time.

My boss at work is competing next year in his Spec C Impreza, and is going on a practice sprint day in a few weeks. He says its a new company starting up and its only £50 for the full day!!

Check out a video here: link

And the website here: http://www.trackdaydrivers.com/index.html

So... do you think i should go on this day in my zed? I've always avoided trackdays due to the wear on your car, but this should be alright as you only do 1 lap at a time, and then wait for your turn again - so it shouldn't kill my brakes, and wont be too hard wearing on the car overall.

Unfortunately i sold my RX7 drift car last weekend, or else i'd have done it in that!

Thoughts?

Curborough is possibly not one of the better sprint tracks but it would certainly give you an idea of what sprinting is all about and, as you say, it's not too harmful on the car because you are only doing a lap at a time.

Cheers Trev... i was hoping you'd have some input :blush:

Do you think i need to run a different oil for things like this, or should my car be alright more or less stock (uprated jdm disks and pads is all i have)?

I did a charity day at a sprint oval in August taking kids (and a few adults) for a few laps.

I just regularly made sure I stopped to ensure the car had a cool down period but I was continuously on the track.

The zed would be spot on for messing around on a sprint track!