1873 miles later..... and 4 countries

Derek_ZR

Just got back from my 2 week holiday from Central Scotland > Devon, England > Dover > Calais > Brugge > Lille > Calais > Dover > York > Central Scotland.

Had a great time and the roof was down for virtually every single mile.

Also got new number plates made up the day I left with the address of this site so with any luck the car may have attracted a few new members over time :D

Even although the car is standard, it got plenty of looks in both the UK and Europe. The amazing thing in so many miles of driving was that I only saw 2 other Z coupes, and no roadsters on the road. One coupe was an Azure in Torquay which I only saw once and another was in Brugge and I think it was Gunmetal.

Didn't have any issues with the 350Z and it just passed the 10k miles mark on the way home.

The car also made it into the local papers in Lille via a guy that works in the hotel we were staying at. The article was to do with his passion for cars and he used mines for the pictures with my permission. I got a few copies of the paper so I will try and scan the article later or tomorrow and see if anyone has time to translate what it says :D

Got over 600 pics to download from the camera so away to do that now :D

How many days did you spread the driving over?

I've got an 11 day trip through France and have planned 2000miles. I'm just a bit concious that this might be too far to really enjoy the trip.

What was the furthest distance u drove in a day ?

Trip was over 14 days.

Furthest was 471 in one journey with a 2hr sleep after 401 miles and a quick stop at 331 for fuel and something quick to eat.

Then there was around 340 when I went from Devon to Brugge with a stop on the way to Dover for something to drink then stopped at the ferry at Dover.

There was also a 330 mile trip from Lille to York via Calais with a stop at Calais and one somewhere midway for fuel.

I was worried about the driving before setting off but it wasn't that bad.

First time I had drove abroad and I have to say I really enjoyed it :)

We ought to organise a 350z tour of Europe :thumbs:

amen to that mate!!!!

what about next summer? a proper 2 weeks or similar, we could even organise a european meet???? B) I know the italians are up for it :teeth:

First time I had drove abroad and I have to say I really enjoyed it :)

We ought to organise a 350z tour of Europe :thumbs:

Yeah that's what I said this weekend! Me and Tim were talking about it.... i'd be up for helping to organise one, IF we have SERIOUS People...... :thumbs: