Is this normal??!!

ungarsee

Hi,

I'm hoping you guys may be able to help. I have 313 model roadster and recently it has been playing up. The symptoms are, when you build up revs all is fine until you hit just shy of 2000 and then there is a slight dip for a second even though your foot has stayed steady on the accelerator. In normal driving this means it's a cow to pull away as you end up kangarooing for a few meters. It's definitely worse when it's cold but is still there to a certain extent when it's warmed up.

I'm due a P3 in the next few weeks so wil get the dealer to look at it then but I wanted to see if this was just me or if it's common.

Thanks

I have noticed they are a little juddery from cold - mine is think its more the fly by wire tech than anything else - not had the same issue as yours when hitting 2K - its most likely a hall effect sensor I guess - get them to check it out on the service - doubt its anything major. :)

Hi,

I also have this problem on my 2007 313 but after 5 / 10 mins of driving it is gone, it also happens just around the 2000 rpm. Not sure if it is related but when I start my car from cold it idles just below 2000rpm for about 1min before it starts to drop to just below 1000 after around 3 mins.

Both issues are completely gone after the 5 / 10 mins and only return after the car has had a chance to fully cool down.

Cheers

Kevin

Hi,

I also have this problem on my 2007 313 but after 5 / 10 mins of driving it is gone, it also happens just around the 2000 rpm. Not sure if it is related but when I start my car from cold it idles just below 2000rpm for about 1min before it starts to drop to just below 1000 after around 3 mins.

Both issues are completely gone after the 5 / 10 mins and only return after the car has had a chance to fully cool down.

Cheers

Kevin

The second issue is not a problem and is infact normal. :)