Whats it's worth?

Golfer

Whats it's worth?

I have a UK 54 plate GT model with Rays, in black, that I am thinking of selling. It will come with a Nokia phone, mats, cargo net and i-Pod connection.

It has done 55000 moterway miles (just run in) therefore there are stone chips on the front and the rear tyres need replacing.

It has a full Nissan service history and the balance of warrenty left.

While I have never posted on the site I have been a regular visitor to it and enjoyed reading all the posts, giving me dreams of bigger wheels, body kits and supercharged engines, but impending retirement has forced a change of circumstance.

What's a realistic price for the car, before I put it in Autotrader?

Many thanks for the happy dreams I have had on the site.

mmm. I wouldn't pay 20K for a Z with 54000 miles on it. Parkers values a 54 GT with 10000 miles at just over 20K (private)...

Nissan 350Z Coupé

3.5 V6 GT 3d 2004/54

Insurance Group 18

Average mileage: 10,000 miles

Cost New ('04) £ 26982

Franchised Dealer £ 22095

Independent Dealer £ 21270

Private Good £ 20445

Private Poor £ 18585

Part Exchange £ 20030

Wisebuyers mileage adjusted price:

Car valuation adjusted for 54,000 miles

Retail: £20,151 The valuations quoted are prices you should aim to pay for a used car, not the advertised price. You should adjust your valuation to allow for extras that were not standard specification.

Private Good: £18,601

Private Average: £17,441

Private Poor: £16,671

Part Exchange: £18,021

Trade: £17,829

You have to remember that even though the car is only just over a year old age-wise, mileage-wise, its 5 years old. Lots of big things to start doing after 50K.

Whats it's worth?

I have a UK 54 plate GT model with Rays, in black, that I am thinking of selling. It will come with a Nokia phone, mats, cargo net and i-Pod connection.

It has done 55000 moterway miles (just run in) therefore there are stone chips on the front and the rear tyres need replacing.

It has a full Nissan service history and the balance of warrenty left.

While I have never posted on the site I have been a regular visitor to it and enjoyed reading all the posts, giving me dreams of bigger wheels, body kits and supercharged engines, but impending retirement has forced a change of circumstance.

What's a realistic price for the car, before I put it in Autotrader?

Many thanks for the happy dreams I have had on the site.

Sounds a bit like my Kuro that I sold recently. It was a 53 plate with 32k miles and it had to go for £19k. I had it in the the autotrader for £19850 and didnt get one phone call. However it was on PistonHeads and had loads of interest from there. I agree with some of the previous comments that you may need to sell at about 14k to attract people to ignore the mileage. :thumbdown:

Good point, Sarnie - is Autotrader the best place for selling Zs? Sounds like there are preferred selling venues for the beloved Z.

Autotrader is ok but there is lots of competition on there :thumbdown:

eBay is a fantastic place to get loads of interest, but people on eBay seem to want to buy your car for £4k less than its worth :thumbdown:

Pistonheads seems to attract more enthusiast, less competition and its free :thumbs:

PS The guy who bought my zed was actually of eBay so its not all that bad :thumbs:

It's a buyers market right now, given the fuel prices. Figure out what you'd have to pay to buy it, then grit your teeth and accept £3-4K less. That was what I had to do to sell my previous car to make way for the Z. Parker's etc. prices are way over optimistic.

IMO :rant: