FS: HKS Hypermax RS coilover

GT4 Zed

Got these form less than a month ago from a member here who purchased them new 9 months ago.Did less than 3k miles and swapped then for the hypermax III which is full track spec items.

I have had them for just over 2.5k and they are awesome on the road with good ride comfort and compliance and very good on the track. i had it on my zed on my trip to the nurburgring and it was near faultless :thumbs: Sunset350 can testify how transformed the handling was at the Ring

In summary they have good weight transfer front to rear and vice versa, amazing at low speed corners, stable on straightline sections at high speeds with no tramling, good streeing response and feel but just found them just a tad underdamped for very high speed corners with compression at the Ring (90-100mph+) and this is obviously is due to the fact that HKS has focused on overall fast street ride compliance than out and out track coilovers which is what i am now after :scare:

I know the ride quality of my zed will suffer if i get these but i am ready to take the punishment if it makes me fast on the Ring :teeth:

These go for over £1500 new. PM offers please. Looking to let these go asap I need fund to secure the track coilvers am after :blush:

Real pics to follow

WHAT HKS HAS TO SAY:

http://www.hksusa.com/images_products/2104.jpg

The all-new Hipermax Racing Sport (RS) coilover suspension kits are the first Hipermax line to be engineered as a truly global suspension system. HKS suspension engineers’ spent over a year developing the Hipermax RS, testing on various race tracks throughout the world, auto cross events and street testing in both Japan and the United States.

The result of all this testing and development is a coilover suspension system that has been precisely valved to dramatically improve handling at a competitive track level, yet still be comfortable even on the harsh road conditions. HKS was able to achieve this versatility by using an F1 inspired single tube structure coupled with an oversized piston and dual oil and gas chambers. A shortened cylinder body allows suspension travel to be maintained when the car is lowered. The Hipermax RS also features HKS’ trademark 30-way dampening and rebound adjustability that is adjusted simultaneously for easy tuning. The included anodized aluminum upper pillowball mounts improve steering response, traction and offer a more direct feel to the driving surface. On certain applications camber can be adjusted on the upper pillowball mounts. All HKS Hipermax RS coilover suspension kits are built in-house at HKS Headquarters in Japan.

Interested in a trade for Tein Flex?

Nope mate but thanks for the offer ;)

The Flex is a good unit but it's more street than track(100% v 50%)! the RS is 80% v 60% ( street v track ) which is perfect, but i really want a 90-100% track unit with some streetability :p

:bounce::bounce:

PM replied to :snack:

First person of the lot who have pm'ed enquires to make me a contrete offer will get these beauties substancially cheaper than what i wanted as i need to secure funds for replacements asap ;)

:snack:

So how much do you actually want?

• 2 weeks later...