front clear reflectors with leds

98duffa

would have thought that orange on the sides should flash as not to confuse other drivers?(MOT implys that..) IMO I would be worried about someone driving into the side of we cause they may be thinking I am turning into a junction when they are waiting to pull out...

Hi Mark,

No, a static orange light is perfectly fine on the sides of any vehicle, hence how big transits/sprinters, lorrys and buses all have them fitted however this is normally because of the size of them, but use on a car is fine too :)

Gaz

would have thought that orange on the sides should flash as not to confuse other drivers?(MOT implys that..) IMO I would be worried about someone driving into the side of we cause they may be thinking I am turning into a junction when they are waiting to pull out...

Hi Mark,

No, a static orange light is perfectly fine on the sides of any vehicle, hence how big transits/sprinters, lorrys and buses all have them fitted however this is normally because of the size of them, but use on a car is fine too :)

Gaz

I did see that the other day on a truck and thought back to this post :) good point :thumbs:

How easy is it to have the LED reflectors wired to the headlights? Is it a quick jobbly?

Its pretty easy. I wired mine into my side lights without any troubles. Once you remove the wheelarch liner you have everything you need to splice into the lights. Fairly quick and easy job. :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking of doing the same. Want to upgrade HID bulbs to 8000k and have come across quite a few on eBay ranging from £20-30 per pair (D2S bulbs). Has anyone ever got them from eBay?

Also, as for the front reflectors, want to match the colour so looking for white and found these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWAX%3AIT

Only downside is that it says they'll come in from Taiwan, any thoughts?