Disabling ABS

H Potter

There is a much better/easier way of tripping the ESP/TC off, just brake to a slow crawl and lightly apply the handbrake until the car comes to a halt. Should trip both leaving the lights on permanantly until key turn. :)

I couldn't get this to work. :surrender:

There is a much better/easier way of tripping the ESP/TC off, just brake to a slow crawl and lightly apply the handbrake until the car comes to a halt. Should trip both leaving the lights on permanantly until key turn. :)

I couldn't get this to work. :surrender:

:dry: mmm that wouldnt work on my jdm either... have 'accidently' done that in the past...

:bounce:

could there be another reaon to disable the abs in case you've got an off and instead of digging down it'll just keep going into the barrier? :scare: sounds plausable...

Do you mean if you got off the track into the kiity litter(gravel trap :teeth: ) having no ABS will enable you to drive through right?

If that's your question then the answer is no as the ABS will have nothing to do with it. ESP is what you want off but anyway this is hypothetical anyway because deep in the litter you are going nowhere but get stuck like A BEACHED WHALE :lol::lol: Same reason you are advised to switch it off when driving in snow/ice to give you traction.

That,s what i meant by people percieving ABS as ESP/TC on the Zed which is not so. ABS inputs into ESP but are fundamentally different. ESP is cuts power via ECU control to regain you grip while ABS applies brakes to a prelocking wheel to avoid skid hence loss of control.

could there be another reaon to disable the abs in case you've got an off and instead of digging down it'll just keep going into the barrier? :scare: sounds plausable...

Do you mean if you got off the track into the kiity litter(gravel trap :teeth: ) having no ABS will enable you to drive through right?

If that's your question then the answer is no as the ABS will have nothing to do with it. ESP is what you want off but anyway this is hypothetical anyway because deep in the litter you are going nowhere but get stuck like A BEACHED WHALE :lol::lol: Same reason you are advised to switch it off when driving in snow/ice to give you traction.

That,s what i meant by people percieving ABS as ESP/TC on the Zed which is not so. ABS inputs into ESP but are fundamentally different. ESP is cuts power via ECU control to regain you grip while ABS applies brakes to a prelocking wheel to avoid skid hence loss of control.

no having o ABS = CAR will dig down in the gravel trap

Having ABS = wheels wont dig down