A wee polishing project of my own.

srobrien

A little while ago I scored some Envy bottles at a very reasonable price, only problem is that they were anodized red. I wanted a polished look, and after attacking it with sandpaper and a grinder i discovered that the anodizing was there to stay. So I ended up spraying them silver, which honestly looked pap.

So finally i have gotten round to doing something with them, and after a bath of caustic soda the anodizing just fell off them. Its just a case of plenty wet/dry, and autosol.

Wish me luck!

R

IMG_3549.jpg

IMG_3550.jpg

IMG_3552.jpg

IMG_3553.jpg

caustic soda mmmmmmmmm,

my hands are cracking just at the thought of that stuff.

excellent at stripping surfaces off though. its like the demi moore of surface strippers. :lol:

that won't take much to get that right :thumbs:

good luck buddy, look forward to the finished look.

Yup its nasty stuff, tried nitromors first but it didn't even scratch it. Altough i did spill it all over my newly painted garage floor, which now isn't so painted.

R

lol ;)

i've used cola to strip rust off car parts before, that works well, not as good as caustic soda, but oi don't drink many fizzy drinks now as i've seen what they do :lol: