Anyone fitted the Invoauto CAI? help required.

GT4 Zed

I got this a while back from Sunset350z and fitted it as a short ram a la JWT popcharger but tried to install it as a full CAI which was almost imposible despite all the possible permutations/combinations attempted. I finally gave up but need to sort this out now as i have a major tune date soon :teeth:

I would very much appreciate your advice on how you got around this. I spoke to the sole distributors of this in the UK and they don't have any instruction manuals but claim Bigphil was their main client and got a few units off them with no problems :blush: .

http://www.invoauto.co.uk/images/Produc ... 57-LRG.gif

Hi fiddy,

to the rescue as always :thumbs:

I followed the instructions from the AEM and removed the water boter but the hard pipes dont't line up. i then tried installing it in front of the radiator but when you connect everthing the MAF does not line properly with the pipe comming from hole through the cross member?!

It's my impression that on of the pipes has the wrong angle or that i may just be very clumsy or thick or both :teeth::teeth:

Will send a pic of my set u; but its as it should be: zed tube to MAF and then cone filter with the necessary tubing in between:P i tried swapping all the various adaptors, gaskets and hose tube sections and no difference was made.

How about a pic with the way you have it setup..

You removed the waterbottle?

Look for instructions for the AEM, Nismo etc as they will have copied one of those I would assume

You may find its not a complete kit and you may not have the right parts...

Will wait to see the pics of the bits you have!

i have all the bits in the photo bar one jubilee clip :wacko:

the only thing i know was the original rubber hose (x2) sections were missing so Steve replace them with black silicon tubes of equal diameter and presumably lenght. but this should not be the problem.

Moreso I could not find where the short hard pipe tubing will secure itself anywhere in both left front wheelarch or front bumper configurations :dry: And same for the shield!

No idea what your on about bud! Just post the pic of the parts you have and then we can work it out!

Sometimes bargains are not what they seem!

cheers mate.

pics up this weekend.

Hope someone who has fitted this comes along with the answers/guide/pics. But if not then i'll keep it as a short RAM for now until next raft of major performance hike :p

• 2 weeks later...